Tuesday 25 November 2008

Cuddles and feeds

Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for the replies! Jonathan printed them out before he came back to the hospital this morning. It really made my day to get so much love from old and new commenters alike.

I am feeling SO much better now, both emotionally and physically. Jonathan is feeling better too. The whole thing was so scary but now we've held him, and he seems to be doing well, it's just such wonderful encouragement. There are still things that need to be kept an eye on, but I'm just on cloud nine with my gorgeous baby boy! We are feeding him now every 4 hours, first putting him to the breast, and then giving him some formula by cup (I insisted not by bottle) until my milk comes in.

We've done two feeds so far. (written at 5.30pm) On the last feed we got him on the breast, and he sucked away beautifully! I was so proud especially since he was latched on perfectly! I just can't wait to post all the lovely photos we have now. I'll try and sort something out with Jonathan so you can all see them soon.

It is just so lovely having him out for cuddles and feeds. We have to change him in the incubator which is a challenge to say the least! I could just gush on and on for ages about him! Let's hope that doesn't change too much when I have to deal with all his crying!

That's one of the main causes of concern because it's not normal crying. It's more like brief high pitched squealing that goes again within a few minutes that the doctors say is most likely from headache from the birth. It has been happening though since his breathing got well enough to make that much noise so they are going to see what happens with it. If the feeding doesn't help with it he will probably need an EEG to see if that sheds any light.

Anyway I'll update when I can via Jonathan's PDA and him transferring it when he goes home of an evening. And hopefully he can get photos on the net soon for you to see. x

No comments:

Post a Comment