Tuesday 18 November 2008

39 weeks 3 days - last night, midwife app, annoyances and a rant

Yes, he's still here in my belly. Intuition was officially wrong now. Ah well.

During the night I woke up feeling odd. Sick. I went to the toilet, and while I was sat there I kept feeling like I really wanted to be sick. I had no bucket or bowl up here so I was trying to think where I could be sick (I tend to be sick when I need the loo, hense most of the time I need a bucket so I can be sat ON the loo while I'm being sick). But then I had some more diarrhoea (had several bouts over the last week or so), and thank goodness the sick feeling went away. But I was thinking to myself that the reason I was feeling sick was because of new hormones in my body from labour. Was in half a mind to phone up the delivery suite then and there and tell them about it, and see what they thought but then decided to go back to bed. Awoke a few more times in the night with an odd feeling but they didn't co-incide with braxton hicks so I knew they couldn't be contractions.

Anyway, odd feelings have gone, Robbie's still in my belly, so it's back to the waiting game.

The midwife appointment went well as usual. Normal BP, urine showed no abnormalities, heartbeat was fine, he measured 39 weeks, was still 3/5, etc etc etc. I told her we'd test inflated the pool so we knew how to do it quickly when the time came, she asked if we'd filled it but I told her we hadn't, but said how long the leaflet reckoned it would take to fill with an on demand combi-boiler system like we have (~40 minutes). She also asked if it came with a thermometer, which it did. I told her it also came with a hose and tap connectors, strainer (nice! haha), floor protector, and other bits and bobs. I hope she's on call when I go into labour, seeing as I know her, and I've never even met any of the other midwives.

Something I forgot to say (if I even mentioned in here before now that we'd test inflated the birth pool), was that when we were in bed we were talking about the positioning of it and stuff, and I said to J "When I saw it there all inflated, I got really excited" he started chuckling and it took me a short while to catch on to what he was thinking! Haha. Dirty minded man! ;)

Oh I do hope this little man comes along soon. I'm always so exhausted from hauling my big heavy body upright and out of bed about 4 or 5 times a night, and my knees are giving me so much grief lately whenever I sit, stand, or go up or down the stairs. Swelling's still around but I've been making a habit to relax a lot during the day and watch telly, so it's not been as bad lately. Have been getting quite grumpy lately. Had a half serious moan at Jonathan last night over whether or not I had understood what he meant when he said he could get 2 more lots out of the toothpaste tube, as he was there brushing his teeth with the one lot I reckoned he'd be able to get out. He meant when I said I thought he could get 1 out, he thought he could get 3 out (so another 2 after that 1 he was using), which I thought he meant, and followed a rather heated erm.. not argument, but maybe indignation on my part that I knew what he meant and him explaining what he meant was a waste of time and did he think I was stupid, etc etc. Eventually we both ended up bursting into laughter so it was all okay. But I am generally feeling less and less able to cope with stupid people, or obnoxious people, or people that just go on and on and on about themselves in a conversation with me.

Some guy I know from yeaaaars ago - about 10 probably, started a chat with me last night, asked how the bump was, and then proceeded to talk about the fact that he'd held some 3 month old baby, told the mother he was going to take the baby home with him, and then met some girl the other day who I don't even know, linked a photo of her (i'm presuming, I never clicked on it), and I was like "I REALLY DON'T CARE! I DON'T KNOW THIS GIRL! I DON'T KNOW THIS BABY! I DON'T CARE THAT YOU HELD HIM! But I would like to see what happened if you DID take him home with you, because you wouldn't be able to cope for even an hour alone with him!" I didn't say this to him of course but I did rant at the computer screen, and in the chat with him simply said "that's nice." "ok" and other non-commital stuff like that. I'm getting increasingly fed up with him talking about random girls I don't know. Note, I said GIRLS not women. This guy is 30. And he has only dated TEENAGERS for the last several years. Several of them supposedly telling him they were 18, or 20, and then turning out to be 15 or younger. Now given that he remained legal, and the parents are okay with this I would have no trouble with the idea of a 30 year old and a 15 year old at all, but every month or so he messages me, acting all heart-broken, and I suggest maybe he find someone he has more in common with - ie someone who works, is able to DRINK, ie, is at least 20, but every time he finds some other teenager. Where he FINDS these teenagers I have no idea. But anyway enough ranting about this guy. Just goes to show my short temper these days, amazing how this guy hasn't cottoned onto it yet hahaha!

And breathe! Heh. Anyway. I might go back to bed for a bit longer. Am still feeling quite tired. And don't worry, I will let you all know as soon as humanly possible when things start moving along!

No comments:

Post a Comment