Saturday 22 November 2008

40 weeks - Happy due date, me

Happy due date to meeee *sigh*

I was convinced last night I might be in the throws of labour. We went out for dinner, before we left I was getting strong contractions combined with period pain, I also seemed to clear my bowels out fairly thoroughly while we were there. And after we got home they were still quite strong. I timed a few, but I don't think I was doing it properly but they weren't regular either way. But during the night I got a bowt of insomnia, feeling contractions and period pain but they weren't getting stronger so I was trying to tell myself I wasn't in labour, and just go to sleep, but it was like my mind wasn't listening and kept awake feeling for these period pain feelings. Bah.

Anyway, I eventually fell asleep, although I had to go to the toilet a lot during the night as usual.

This morning I got up (only about 10 minutes ago), went to the toilet, wiped, and what do I see? Mucus plug! Not a huge glob of it, but definitely at least a bit of it. Darker than my usual fluid, plus there was a bit with a streak of blood in it. So yeah, I'm pretty much certain that was some of my plug. Not that it means a lot, I could still be weeks away from labour. Hopefully not WEEKS though, since now I only have 10 days before they will make me go into hospital :(

Well seeing as it's now my due date, I am 40 weeks pregnant today, I'll get around to doing a belly gallery shot today to (hopefully) finish it off before I give birth in the next day or two (hahahaahahha - wishful thinking but you never know!)

Even though I'm getting quite uncomfy, it is a little sad that I'm nearly at the end. I don't think I'll miss all the uncomfiness, like the constant bloated feeling, or the heartburn (which oddly has been getting a little better over the last few days), or the swelling (also getting a little better although this may be simply me not being upright all the time and having lots of naps). I will miss rubbing my belly and knowing he's in there all snug and warm. I will miss his sweet little waves with his arms (it feels so cute feeling his arms move around in there!). I will miss his hiccups. I will miss feeling a foot poking out of the top of my bump, and pressing it back in with my fingers, only to feel it slide elsewhere on my bump!

But I can't WAIT to meet him, to put my fingers inside his little hands and feel him grasp them tight. To tickle his feet for real, to hold him close and aahhhh. :) All that stuff. It won't be long now...

No comments:

Post a Comment