Sunday 23 November 2008

40 weeks 1 day - I think this is it!

Okay girls I think this is it, I think today is going to be Robert's birthday. I've been getting strong contractions, tonnes of period pain type cramps, and hardly been able to sleep since about 4.30am.

I phoned up the delivery suite at about 5.10am, they phoned back after quite a long time to say the oncall midwife was already out at someone's home, so if my contractions become regular and stronger (am timing them now using that handy website Jemma linked me in my comments) I will have to go into hospital :( :( Unless the woman's given birth already in which case I can nab the oncall midwife.

When I phoned the contractions seemed to die down a little, not quite as periody. Even sitting up at the moment the period pain aches don't feel as severe as when I was in bed. So the person at the delivery suite told me to take some paracetomol or a warm bath for the contractions as it didn't sound like I was contracting regularly.

Hopefully next time I update it will be with a birth announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment