Sunday 2 November 2008

37 weeks 1 day - Uneventful trip (phew), weird intuition on Robert's birth-date, getting ready!

Well the trip to Thorpe Park went nice and uneventfully. It rained a LOT while we were there, although not until a bit into the afternoon. I queued up with everyone for the Nemesis Inferno, and then just walked through and waited on the other side. I couldn't even go on the Teacups ride! But got a bit of time to talk to people I'd never met in real life before, which was great. :) We did end up going home around 4pm, after waiting around for an hour after getting separated from what was left of the group (who were actually in a queue for 2 hours! Ouchie), which was a bit of an anti-climax to the day but overall I did enjoy it. :)

Today we went into Northampton to go and buy some newborn clothes for Robert. Going through the ones we had I realised all we did have for him were 0-3 months except for 2 little body suits and his snowsuit (which we also went to exchange for one in 0-3 months so it would last him all through winter). We also got some bath bits for him, a little rattly toy and a water-pad toy thing he can slap with his hands.

I am suddenly feeling as though his arrival has loomed upon us all of a sudden, now it's November, I feel he could really arrive any day, and that thought is a little scary! But exciting!

Something I found a little weird and unnerving today was when we were in the car, driving to mothercare, I heard on the radio someone advertising the release of an album or something. The date of the release being 17th November. For some reason, I heard this date and just instantly thought in my mind "That'll be Robert's birthday!" Which was so odd - has anyone else had feelings like that before? That their baby will be born on a particular day? It was just such an immediate and intuitional feeling it caught me by surprise!

Anyway, we're all nearly ready entirely for his arrival, still need to finish up in the spare bedroom, but we're getting there, it's nearly all cleared out. We just have a few boxes left, and a few piles of things that need to be sorted out and boxed up. And another bookcase to be made.

Anyway, congratulations to Becca! Her baby boy James was born yesterday morning, and I'm sure her big boy Matthew will be an excellent brother! So thrilled for you Becca, congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment