Tuesday 11 November 2008

38 weeks 3 days - breastfeeding, dinner at local indian, etc

I'm feeling very tired this morning. I've had heartburn badly during the night for the last two evenings. Luckily though last night my heartburn co-incided with needing to pee, so I wasn't getting up more often, but I was waking up more thoroughly each time. My left leg is also aching madly right now. I could really do with Jonathan here to massage it, but I guess I'll have to put up with it!

Last night we went to a breastfeeding workshop. Even though I'd browsed youtube and knew how to latch a baby on to the breast, it was extremely informative, as it went through WHY certain positions were best, why you don't grip the head, why you have baby's chest to yours, etc etc. And also went through health benefits to the baby and mother. We also got a free DVD and booklet thing, also both useful! I think it's going to help me put my own mum's failure to breastfeed out of the way and just help me concentrate on ME and MY baby.

On the way home, we decided to go out for a meal. And thought we'd go to the local indian. I had a jalfrezi, although I didn't manage much of it, but we brought the rest home for me to eat today. Was hoping maybe the spicy food might start things up early for me! ;) We were the only people in the restaurant! hehe. And also it seemed to be the first time they noticed I was pregnant, as I got given a shotglass of something other than Baileys at the end of the meal, I asked what it was, and it was fruitjuices - they made it very pretty with two layers of colour in it! But yeah, 38 weeks and they finally notice! hahaha! Although that may have also been the fact we were the only ones there and probably heard what we were talking about.

I was in stitches a few times - my jalfrezi had whole chilis in it - or ones simply sliced down the center. I decided that I'd eat one, and boy it was hot - had some of my drink to cool down my mouth. Then after I'd finished my drink, I thought I'd eat another one... should have learned! What a mistake that was! I was coughing, sticking my tongue out in an attempt to keep it cool, and had Jonathan call over a waiter quickly to get another diet coke! Haha. I found it hilarious though, but decided to cut up the remaining chilis and spread it throughout the curry. ;) I also ended up dropping my cadbury's chocolate eclair on the floor, spilling a bit of my fruit cocktail shot down my top, and generally being a butter-fingers! Still we had a nice time, and we're not going to get a lot of chance to do that once Robert is here! maybe the odd time if we can persuade some hopefully very proud grandparents to babysit ;)

Oh talking of grandparents, I've had a call from my Dad the other day, and it made me feel much happier about his enthusiasm about being a grandparent again to someone other than Ewan. He wants to come over for an hour or two after Ewan's birthday party to come see him (hopefully he'll be here by then!!). And he also wants to come and stay overnight on Boxing Day.

Anyway, going to leave it here for now, and go and get some breakfast and put my left leg up. Hope you're all doing well xx

No comments:

Post a Comment