Saturday 22 November 2008

40 weeks - update from this morning's entry.

Well, I'm pretty sure I've been losing my mucus plug all day - practically every time I've gone to the toilet I've been wiping away brown discharge. My contractions have slowed again and am not really getting a lot of the period-ish feelings. I spoke to the midwife at the delivery suite around 3pm-ish and described the first two shows I had, and also the contractions, and she said even though the contractions weren't regular and not progressively getting worse it sounded to her like I was in early labour.

She got the on-call midwife to ring me and have a chat. It wasn't Beverley, but someone called Nina. She was one of those highly enthusiastic sounding people, with a posh voice. She asked me if I wanted her to come around and check me over, I told her that I was happy to wait and see what happened with the contractions. She said they could continue to get stronger and more regular or they could ease off altogether, the latter of which has appeared to happen. Ah well, I'm still confident things are on the move, albeit more slowly than I thought at first. Jonathan thought that the strong contractions and the mucus plug meant that I was going to give birth imminently (sigh) so he moved the coffee table into the garage making it difficult to have things by the side of the sofa. He didn't want to get the big one out of the garage again so he brought out the tiny one instead.

I am still coughing a lot, which is annoying but there's not a lot I can do about it.

Something I'm pleased about though is that Robert seems to have woken up again - it seems his more wakeful periods are at night, which is when I feel most hand movements, and makes up for his relative stillness during the mornings and early afternoons.

Anyway, I guess we'll see what the night brings, and when the contractions start up again. I am still getting braxton hicks but they're back to hardly noticeable.

Well I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for all the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment