Tuesday 28 October 2008

36 weeks 3 days - Jonathan's birthday, lots of sorting to do! :)

Jonathan's had to go to work today because he's got no more time off work this year (he's taking two weeks off as paid holiday for when Robert is born, as the statutory paternity pay is a huge pay cut for him and he'd rather take the time off as holiday than paternity). But this works out well for what I've got planned for him, as I can sort it out while he's at work today, ready for when he gets home! :)

Yesterday I didn't really get off my feet at all, and paid the price... ho hum. So today I must remember to take breaks if I can at all (should be possible as I'm up already, already had breakfast, and ready to start), so I'm not in pain for when Jonathan is home.

Of course the timing of a certain high street shop with J's presents will be important, but hopefully as long as they're not too late - ie before about 5.30pm - it'll fit in ok. I was actually quite pissed off with them yesterday, I got an email saying that "one or more" items were out of stock and had therefore been deleted from my order (!!) they didn't say which one(s), and didn't even say on my website account with them! I had to compare the dispatch list to the list I printed out to work out what was missing :S And also, for supposedly one of the biggest high street shops, you'd expect their communication on when things get delivered to be good... I got an email saying my items had been despatched, but not when their date of delivery would be.. I assumed since they were despatched on Friday I'd get them by Monday latest. But No... I had to sign in to the online account I made with them, and look there, which I wouldn't have done if they hadn't mysteriously gone out of stock with one of J's birthday presents! You'd think they'd mention on the despatch email the date of delivery too... *sigh*

So yeah was rather miserable yesterday on finding that out. But it's a new day, so I'm feeeeeeeeelin' goood! (Haha that song popped into my head, one of the X factor contestants sang it on the last programme)

Just sent J an email ready for when he gets into work (although he may have already got into work), saying that I hope his day doesn't seem too long but at least he has tonight to look forward to ;) So he knows he's not been forgotten ;)

And then tomorrow morning we have the midwife appointment. I am wondering how big little Robbie will measure then! Maybe still 2-3 weeks ahead, or maybe more! If more, I'll be measuring 40 weeks! Haha. :) I think I am bigger than I was 2 weeks ago so I'd be surprised if he's measuring the same (and therefore on target) as last time.

Part of me is hoping I'll be early, because I am feeling more and more big. It doesn't help there's a bunch of boxes on the landing ready to go up in the loft, and the position they're in means that I have to squeeze past them with my big baby belly... my bottom sliding past the bedroom door frame, my belly sliding past the boxes... argh! ;) Maybe I can persuade J to put them up in the loft first thing tomorrow morning before the midwife is due to come.

Also if I am early it'll mean the gap between Robert's birthday and Ewan's will be furthur apart, meaning having grandparents over for birthday parties won't be an issue. Although I have no saying over it, if Robert's birthday ends up on or right near Ewan's I'm sure we'll work things out. It'll probably end up like my mum will be over with us and my dad will be over with Ewan. It seems that way anyway judging by how they're already acting. Plus my mum has said to me she doesn't really feel like a grandparent to Ewan, and that she'll probably feel closer to Robert. It's kind of how I feel as well - Ewan doesn't feel like my nephew. I don't get updates on him, I don't get phone calls (since whenever I do phone they're always busy, trying to settle him, have visitors over, etc etc - so I leave it to them), I wanted to know more about Nicky's pregnancy with him but she wasn't interested on telling me. As sad as it might sound, I feel closer to the children of the diarylanders I read than my own nephew.

Ah well, time will tell what happens I guess.

Anyway, morning is stretching on, and I need to get sorting! Oh, and excellent timing, the delivery has shown up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment