Saturday 11 October 2008

34 weeks - new belly pictures, etc

34 weeks pregnant! You know what that means, girls, right? ;) That's right, a new belly picture!

Been moaning a lot to J recently about how fat and heavy I feel. Not as in "oh I'm so fat, I really ought to diet, lose this flubber" kind of way but my BELLY itself feels so fat, big and heavy, it's beginning to really get a bit cumbersome. My belly seems to feel hard ALL the time, making it difficult to know when I'm having a braxton hicks contraction. Which by the way, seem to be very mild. I know some women moan about them a lot, say they're very painful or uncomfortable. The only way I know I'm having them is when my entire belly goes rock hard. Which is why I'm having trouble distinguishing them lately. The belly around my belly button feels rock hard all the time now, the way I tell is to see whether the top of my uterus is hard or squidgy. I'm thinking if these are supposedly "practise" contractions, I'm in for a bloody easy time! So I'm assuming that the real things are going to be different, or else I probably won't realise when I'm in labour!!! Or maybe my true "practise contractions" will be different to these ones.

Not really had much opportunity to practise my balloon breathing yet therefore. I've practised the birth breathing regularly (on the loo!) and I think it's pretty okay. Since you get the same desire to "push" when going to the toilet, it's a great time to practise the birth breathing. It makes for some funny (and slightly bizarre!) conversations with J if he notices me doing it while on the loo.. "Breathe your loving energy down to your poo" and stuff like that. Hehe! (One of the affirmations during the birthing phase is "breathe your loving energy down to your baby." obviously!) I also practise the slow breathing method regularly, try and do some relaxation to the CD every day. I seem to fall asleep to it a lot, but apparently that can be simply being in an extremely deep state of relaxation. The only way to really know if you're asleep or hypnotised is by getting someone to try and give you some prompts to do something. Yesterday when I listened to it I felt like I was fully awake all the time, felt a little disappointed I didn't "fall asleep" but then when I thought back to it, I realised I didn't actually hear all the words at all - it goes through colours of the rainbow and tells you to visualise certain things with them... I dont really remember hearing any of the colours or the mists being mentioned. So I guess I was in a deep state of relaxation without really knowing it at the time. Which I suppose is good, and a huge difference on when I used to cling on to every word that was being said.

Anyway, will quickly link to the "other" belly pictures here that I don't put in the gallery, and then go and help J with the spare room.

Right, off I go! Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment