Wednesday 15 October 2008

34 weeks 4 days - swelling, camcorder, diarrhoea

We played around with our new camcorder last night. Mainly filming the cat! ;) But it's soooo good! And you know, this tiny piece of machinery has now made me SO excited about our upcoming lifestyle change. I cannot CANNOT wait until Robert is born now, because I can't WAIT to start using this camcorder to record him!!! I can tell that this camcorder is never going to leave my side until ROBERT leaves my side, like going to school! Hehe. I just can't wait! Oh, and it also gave me a really FAB idea.

I've already told some people not to expect Christmas presents from us this year. I know everyone will understand, and in fact, even though we got a present from Stephen and Nicky last year (one however, that will never be used probably... a fondue set - sigh), I would have been perfectly happy and completely understood not getting a present from them. However, a card would have been nice, cards are a lot less effort and expense than presents, and show they thought of you. So this year, we are going to get a load of christmas cards done (probably not home made like last year's ones) and get them ready for sending out so all that will need to be done is a trip to the post box.

But anyway, yeah, we thought maybe as (probably belated) christmas presents for family at least, we would create a DVD compilation of clips of Robert to nice music, maybe with some nice photos if we have some we want to include. But it's so exciting! I'm so excited to have a camcorder! Yay! :) Hmm this will probably mean I will have to upload videos to my youtube account rather than just use it to subscribe to videos ;) Unless J can create something which lets me embed videos like Youtube does. He's clever like that, so we never know :)

Anyway. Onto other matters ;) Last night I wasn't very well again (with the runs -sigh). I don't know if it's a common pregnancy issue, but it's happened now several times in the last few weeks, which is unusual to be so close together. But last night, I had one bit before J got home, and then another small one just before bedtime, and then I had to get up twice in the middle of the night! I was actually getting a little worried because I don't know how labour pains feel, I've heard them described as period pains, and the pains I were feeling could have been period-esque (Luckily they were just iffy stomach feelings), but I was terrified I was going into actual labour! But I am wondering if the reason I had so many episodes of it today was because of something I ate? We did go out to a restaurant on Monday night, it could have been the burger there, maybe the meat, or the mayo, or something... But then J had the same and I don't think he's been ill... so maybe it's just a pregnancy thing. Or maybe a combination of the two. I don't know.

Also, last night I was on the loo before going to bed, and I looked down, and noticed that my ankles had BALLOONED. I was seriously "oh shit" with the difference in them. They are still swollen today, so I'm going to have an easy day of laying on the sofa with legs elevated with pillows to see if they will calm down, if not, I think maybe I should call Beverley and tell her about them. My hands are feeling a little odd too, the same sort of pressure when I clench and slight hotness, so maybe they're swollen too. Although it's harder to tell.

It's a shame, I wanted to get a lot more done in the house. I think I'm getting to the point that I'm terrified Robert will come before we've even got the basics ready for him.

Anyway, best go get dressed and then go and lay downstairs watching TV. Could be worse I suppose! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment