Monday 1 December 2008

8 days old - photos with grandparents, trip out.

Goodness - I can't believe how tiring it is having a tiny person suck on your breasts all day! He seems to be not wanting to sleep anywhere but on people, something that the midwife gave us a tip for yesterday morning, that is warming up his cot with a hot water bottle before putting him down. Something which may have worked, he seemed very sleepy earlier, but kept waking up, we think he may have been hungry too, so I got the hot water bottle out, got J to fill it up while I fed him, and then after feeding him I put him down straight away on the nice warm patch left by the hot water bottle and he stayed fast asleep. Phew. I had a bit of a kip while he was doing that.

I am also finding it extremely tiring to bother making food really... yesterday all we had was some sandwiches around 3pm. I know I know, slap my wrists. I need to keep my strength and calorie intake up as I am breastfeeding him.

I think the visitors did sap my energy a bit, plus it probably didn't help Robert's sleeping/eating routine, as we were up all night with him, more or less... well, from about 12-4am he wouldn't get down to sleep. Then finally got to sleep in his cot at 4am til 8am, and then he wouldn't go back to sleep in his cot after the 8-9am feed, so we brought him to bed with us, and got almost 2 hours before the midwife turned up again.

But we now have a nice long week with no commitments, apart from Friday morning we have to go back into hospital with Robert to get his MRI done to rule out minor brain damage (his EEG which the doctors decided to get done afterall, which would show up major brain damage came back normal). I hope we have a nice sleepFUL night on Thursday evening or I'm going to be somewhat of a zombie on Friday morning! Haha! I did have a bit of a snooze a while ago, Robert finally went to sleep after using the hot water bottle trick and I had a sleep too which might make constant feeds during the night a bit more bearable.

He had his first trip in the travel system today! We went for a walk up past the park at the top of the road, and then round past the town center and back up home. Jonathan took some photos of Robert in it, and also of me pushing the pram. :)

Anyway thought I'd post some photos now!


Here's Robert with his Grandad Brown (my dad)


Here he is with his Grandma Brown (my step-mother Caroline)


Here he is sleeping on his Grandma Hunt (Jonathan's mum)


And finally a cuddle with his Grandad Hunt (Jonathan's dad)

We took a photo of him zonked out in his cot last night, it's so cute, I love it...

He looks so tiny! But soo adorable. I've put that muslin under his head because he does dribble out breastmilk quite often. Which luckily we found out in hospital! We think it might be why he sometimes doesn't go to sleep a lot and wakes up seeming hungry, so we try and rotate it so he isn't constantly smelling breastmilk when he's trying to sleep.

Rightio, off again for now. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment