Wednesday 17 December 2008

not good day yesterday, better day today, but sicky Robert :(

I had a very hard day yesterday with Robert. We had a nice outing, during which he slept for all of it as usual! But then after we got back, he wanted to do nothing but feed and feed and feed, and he was being lazy with his latch so I got sorer and sorer (if that's a word!) until I did get very frustrated and upset and poor little thing he didn't deserve the shouty Mummy he got then :( I felt so bad after I shouted at him. Felt like the worst Mummy in the world. I was sitting feeding him when Jonathan got home and was just sobbing away. He was a star, and told me he'd run me a bath, and look after Robert while I relaxed.

As I came upstairs to check the bath temperature he told me not to worry about Robert if he started crying, that he'd take him downstairs. And it felt really nice. The bath was great, I had a snooze in it, and then got out to find both my boys asleep! ;) I left Jonathan asleep, got dressed, and went downstairs to have a bit of a snooze on the sofa so I didn't wake either of them. Then made the dinner and did the washing up after I'd slept for an hour or so. It was so nice, never did I think I'd enjoy doing the washing up so much! ;) Robert woke up just as dinner was ready, typically, but he wasn't very grizzly, and so we ate dinner at record speeds while having him in his baby bouncer.

Today I had another sleep with Robert in bed til late morning, as we didn't get much sleep during the night again. Especially as at 6am I had to give Robert a bath as he'd peed all over his changing mat and all the wee had got in his hair!

One thing I'm quite worried about is the amount Robert has been throwing up the last day or so. He's been dribbling since he first started on milk, but the last day or so he's been throwing up quite a lot of the milk he's taken in. Not just a mouthful from the last suck of milk, some of it has been semi-digested, and there's been quite a lot of it. My poor baby :( The health visitor is coming tomorrow so I will talk to her about it and see what she says. I have a feeling though I may be up all night feeding him as he gets hungry as soon as he throws up a large amount (obviously!). I just hope it's nothing too serious.

Something else that happened today was that he poked himself in the eye, and immediately burst into tears.. silly boy!

Jonathan's parents came around today, I think they've been dying to come around for ages, because they've not seen him for almost 2 weeks, because of my mum being around all last week, etc. We went for a long walk with Robert in the travel system, with Jonathan's mum pushing him.

Anyway, gonna go now, Robert's having his nappy changed by his daddy, and then he'll probably want more food. Hopefully he'll go down for a sleep then, and I'll probably go too. It's been a good day - Robert has been less lazy with his latching, I've had some adult company, and I've generally been less stressed.

Thanks for your comments on the photos. Jonathan's camera is a good one, and he's not a bad photographer I guess! Getting quite arty in his shots ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment