Saturday 6 December 2008

Poor crying baby

Robert is with Jonathan at the moment. He is crying his head off but has been feeding for about two and a half hours so I have no idea how he can be hungry! He goes on the breast, and pops back off almost immediately, but then goes to root again, and the cycle continues.

He did this earlier today, after his sleep he was awake for about 5 hours, feeding for about 4 and a half of those on and off (poor nipples - ouch :( ), and finally slept for 4 hours. Now he's been up for 3 hours. My nipples are So. Sore. I latch him on ok, but then he wriggles, or pulls off slightly, and ends up on just the nipple. Over and over. Swapping breasts every half hour or so to try and give the nipples a break, but still gets sore.

What has happened to my lovely calm baby who would eat, get sleepy, fall asleep, and just grizzle when his nappy was being changed? Tomorrow is the last day J will be home with us. If Robert carries on like this I will be at the end of my tether I can tell. I am scared. I don't want to feel angry towards him, he's just a little baby he knows no better and for all I know it might be my fault! Or maybe he's not feeling well - who knows??! I don't want to leave him anywhere to cry - even hearing him cry in Jonathan's arms is heartwrenching enough.

He's only been home a week. Please let me have the patience I need to deal with an inconsolable baby...

Well Jonathan is changing his nappy, and he's not screaming his head off (well, not constantly) - maybe that was it? His bottom is rather sore looking, we are using cream on it to try and clear up his nappy rash maybe he's just got a sore bottom and that's what's making him so miserable.

Still, as horrible and heartwrenching as his crying is, part of me is grateful, it's such a wonderful sound compared to the sound he eventually made after he was born. Anyway, I guess we'll see if we can get the little man to bed, and see if we can get some sleep tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment