Tuesday 30 December 2008

Shopping trip, feeding stresses.

Hi guys! Only 2 more days left of 2008 - wow! Crazy! It's certainly been some year - Jonathan and I moving house, getting pregnant, having a baby... 3 major things within 1 year!

We went out shopping to Milton Keynes today. Woah. It was PACKED. We had trouble finding a parking space. I noticed some people getting into a car just beside us, I told Jonathan who stopped, and started reversing, when CRASH. He reversed into a car who was overtaking him.. Argh! Luckily the damage was minimal, the other guy's car had only a bit of paint on his bumper, but our car has now got a few dents. Nothing major, and luckily the guy was willing to leave it be.

Once we got in the shopping centre.. Ahh. I love MK shopping centre. Especially at Christmas time when they have that middle bit filled with christmas stuff. Robert was awake and staring around him at all the lights. He absolutely LOVES lights. His third favourite thing to look at is lights (first and second joint being his Mummy and Daddy of course!). He'll stare at the uplighter in the living room as I feed him, he stares at our strip light in the kitchen if we take him in there. When we stopped by the in-laws on our way back from MK today he stared at the christmas tree lights too. But the lights in MK shopping centre were something else! It is totally magical there. I can't WAIT to take him when he's older to see Santa and to ride that little train and go on the carousel!

We bought a few things with the mothercare vouchers we got for Christmas. Those few things coming to �£85.. Eeep! ;) We got a red Bumbo, a rear seat car mirror thing, some sun visors for the car, and a sling. We keep getting lots of clothes as presents so we figured it'd be best to buy other things we needed. We have a bit left so we can go back later when we find something else we need.

We have some boots vouchers too, but the trick will be finding one with a decent baby section, for some reason the MK one isn't too good. The one in Aylesbury had a great baby section.

One thing I am worried about is breastfeeding. I absolutely adore it - WHEN he's not latching lazily, or popping on/off/on/off etc. Those two things are just SO SO SO stressful for me. I just wonder if it'll be better to bottle feed him - either by expressing or by using formula. Or both. Because when he does those two things, I really do feel like punching him, or throwing him over the room, and the fact that I feel like doing those things scares me beyond belief. :( He's sitting with Jonathan at the moment, crying his eyes out. I don't know what he wants, because I tried feeding him 15 minutes ago, and he did his pop on/off/on/off trick which makes me think he's just not hungry. He's just had his nappy changed so it can't be that. It could just be over-tiredness I guess. Or hunger - but if he's hungry why does he keep coming off the breast??!! It's just so hard... why don't babies come out knowing how to talk and understand us?!!? He's had 3 ounces of expressed breastmilk earlier, as well as a long feed on one boob (the one he actually latched onto ok), and then a bit later on the other one (latching on ok finally), and then 15 minutes ago he finished having some too. Bleugh. Jonathan said to me "Shall I go warm up that other bottle of expressed milk to give him?" and I said no, because he was popping off by himself which made me think he wasn't hungry, but once I've finished this I'll go and see if he'll actually take the breast and have a good feed. And then get him sleepy enough to go down for the night hopefully.

Anyway, the health visitor is coming tomorrow, first time for almost 2 weeks, so hopefully he'll have gained quite a lot of weight! I think he's getting longer, he keeps kicking at the bowl for water now (really do need to get around to tidying up the spare room so we can have the chest of drawers next to the changing table so we can put all the bits we need there!).

Right, well time to get off again and see if the man will eat more (if he hasn't gone to sleep, he's quiet at the moment), and then hopefully get some sleep ourselves. Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment