Sunday 31 August 2008

28 weeks 1 day - new belly pictures!

28 weeks (and 1 day now)! Only 2 days til blood tests (boooo) and 3 until next midwife checkup. I am wondering if Robert will be a squirmy and kicky boy for her then ;)

We've decided to take a weekend off of flat renovating - it makes a change to not have to go gallavanting across the country for yet another weekend! Instead we are clearing out some of the boxes in the spare room, trying to get stuff in the loft, and sorted out generally, so that we have the room to set up the changing table and other bits and bobs. Jonathan's cleared out three boxes worth of stuff so far, I've helped him a bit with those and also put away a tonne of clean (yet screwed up, tsk) washing. Had to hang a lot up indoors to dry because I did two loads yesterday, left it outside overnight, and woke up this morning to hear rain - doh! Nevermind, it was only slightly damp. We had a lovely barbecue yesterday, was absolutely beautiful weather, even if it was slightly too hot for me to be perfectly comfortable. We inherited a parasol from my dad because he got a new garden furniture set and new parasol etc too, it's not brilliant, but it works, and will do us! And it was lovely sitting out there in the shade with our delicious food (Jonathan's really getting good on the barbecue!)

Anyway, I have put up a new belly picture in the gallery, I think there is quite a difference from 24 weeks!

I am quite surprised at the force and positioning of a few of Robert's kicks lately. Some of them are RIGHT under my boobs it seems, although he doesn't feel that high up. But when I sit down with my boobs slightly hunched onto my belly, sometimes he can kick in a place where I can feel the kick on the underside of my boobs! I hope this doesn't mean he's going to be a huge baby! (although he may well be a LONG baby - with his mum at 5'8 and his dad at 6'5 hehe) I might get some indication of his size on Wednesday when I go and see the midwife, I think she'll be measuring me then. Although I don't know how it's going to work exactly with an overweight woman - I guess they know what they're doing for overweight and normal weight women with measuring the uterus etc.

Anyway here are the belly pictures I've not put in the gallery.

Bare front view:


Bare side view:


Clothed side view:

No comments:

Post a Comment