Monday 25 August 2008

27 weeks 2 days - Third Trimester!

27 weeks pregnant! Hurrah! I have my next midwife appointment in 9 days, and my 28 week blood tests next Tuesday.

Jonathan and I had a lovely weekend in Kent, it was Dad's birthday BBQ, there weren't many people, just mainly some of Caroline's family. We had some nice food, chatted a bit, then went inside and played some games (there were only about 8 of us there - were supposed to be 10, but the last two are notorious for being late - and in the end they never showed up!). Caroline's mum had made Robert a little cardigan :) She knitted it as soon as she knew I was pregnant (white), and then when she found out he was a boy, she sewed on a couple of blue heart shaped buttons :)

On the Sunday we went over to my Mum's, we went out for a meal with her, Dave, and her friend Linda (whose husband passed away a couple of months ago). Linda bought us a little outfit for Robert, for him to wear 6-9 months - a little tanktop and trousers, in army colours, and the little top says "Little Action Man!!" Which will be about right for that age! ;) It was very sweet. :) After the meal (which was very nice - I had a nice garlic mushroom soup and hot roll, and then a vegetable pie with mash and white sauce), and when Linda went home, we sat and chatted, and watched most of the movie "Short Circuit" which I remember seeing before when I was a kid, and was still a delightful movie, despite all the bad eighties haircuts! ;) Had a bit of a snooze on their sofa as well. We left there around 6.45pm or so, got back for around 9pm, and just sort of collapsed for the rest of the evening ;)

Robert is still lovely and active. :) He hasn't woken me up since the time he did last week, but he has given me a few kicks and squirms that have taken me by surprise with the force behind them! Every week I think to myself how lucky I am that I am yet another week along in my first pregnancy, where we had no trouble conceiving, and where everything so far has been absolutely fine with no cause for worry. I know that so many people do NOT have such an easy time, and have a lot of trouble having a baby, so I am so thankful that I am not one of those, and that I am so happy to be having this baby. I can only imagine how people who have trouble conceiving feel when they hear about people who have abortions almost as a means of contraception (although it isn't contraception - as conception has already taken place!!)

Every day I look forward to the day when Robert will arrive, and we shall get to see him, and hug him, and kiss him, and help him grow up in a loving secure home.

Anyway, I have taken this time as a break from cleaning the house - J and I are doing bits to spruce it up a bit, I need to carry on with the kitchen (mainly the floor now), and then I need to hoover upstairs. J is mowing the lawn for the first time in about 5 or 6 weeks! (because we've been in Aylesbury or Kent all weekends lately)

I hope you're all okay! And I can't believe it's already over two weeks since Megan had little Matthew - I should check out her normal diary some point soon to see if there are new photos of the little man. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment