Wednesday 13 August 2008

25 weeks 4 days - Ewan's visit

After meeting with my brother and sister-in-law, and 8.5 month old nephew Ewan, my feelings are a bit all over the place, and I'm feeling quite overwhelmed and left wondering how on earth I am going to cope with a baby... he was crawling all over the place, grabbing at cables of games consoles, dvds, banging coasters and an apple on the coffee table (he took that apple home with him!). He wouldn't lie still for his nappy to be changed (until given what looked like an overgrown wotsit to eat), and he puked all over the carpet, our 2 seater sofa, and Stephen and Nicky (and his own leg). Apparently though the vomitting incident (which looked fairly projectile) wasn't usual, and he had never vomitted that much since he came home from the hospital. It was quite amusing more than anything, and the sofa is leather so got cleaned up fine, and the carpet and upholstery cleaner spray worked fine at getting the sick stain out of the carpet.

But yes, definitely left wondering how on earth I am going to cope, and got the feeling that we're about to go in WAYY above our heads here. I think if I wasn't already pregnant, having Ewan over might have put me off trying for a baby for a good few months! Which sounds horrible, especially considering how much I have really WANTED a baby. Maybe it will be different, because Robert will be our OWN tiny baby, our own product of love.

But anyway, the times Ewan wasn't antsy because he was hungry, or bored, oh my gosh I've never seen such a smiley baby! I mean, I've seen photos of Alice's smiley little ones, but not seen them in the flesh so to speak. But his little smiles were so huge and ALL. THE. TIME! He would look at us, give us a HUGE grin, and then duck away almost shyly, before having another peek at us! Hehe.

He also seems quite strong, he pulls himself up a LOT, stood himself up at the window, patting it with his hands in glee, and clutched hold of my trouser leg more than once to hoist himself up onto his feet! ;) And he did once make a break for the stairs, and started climbing them with absolute glee!

It is so weird seeing my brother as a dad too - quite funny in a way as he gets SO highpitched when he's playing with Ewan, or talking to him. He's definitely a very proud dad.

Before they left, they took some photos (urgh) of us with Ewan. He was already getting a bit grumpy, as he was tired, and having been made to get into his sleepsuit. But Stephen and Nicky sang to him while standing out of camera shot, so he at least wasn't squirming too much and I think he looked somewhat cheerful for the photos.. Don't know about me though!

We never got round to eating the potato bake - a baby just makes things so busy! But they enjoyed the soup and the bread, so that was good. And we gave them some cakes to take for the journey.

Anyway I was absolutely knackered by the time they went, I felt absolutely exhausted what with all the cooking I'd done, and the hoovering upstairs, and all the washing up... my back was killing me as well, and we decided to do the relaxation practise again. Now, Robert either LOVES the music we got given to play to relax to, or he HATES it. Because every time it gets put on, he goes absolutely crazy! Kicks and wriggles around like mad! It's not just laying down and relaxing either, because I stopped Jonathan a little way in to say there was something clicking that was putting me off, and it turned out it was the DVD player which was playing the CD.. he turned it off to set it up in another player, and Robert immediately stopped kicking. Then as soon as the music came on again, he started up again! After a little while of the music playing, he stopped kicking and moving around, maybe he fell asleep. Who knows?! :)

Anyway, I'll leave this entry for now. I'm sure I'll feel better in time about it all, after all, Robert isn't going to be crawling around for a good few months after he's born, so we'll have some time to prepare. Ok, well have fun, hope you're all well, etc etc. :) Thanks for reading. x

No comments:

Post a Comment