Thursday 4 February 2010

Robert's sleep was very erratic yesterday. He fell asleep on me downstairs (!) at 10.30am, we moved upstairs at 11am, and he slept then until 12.30. Then he slept for another hour at 4pm (!) which I was amazed at, he hasn't had two naps for MONTHS!

Then went to bed around 8-8.30 or so. However, he was up screaming at 3am, having had moans every half hour for the previous 3 hours.

He's acted tired a LOT this morning, and have just in the last few minutes put him in his cot but he's crying and will see if he'll settle, will go and settle him if he hasn't in a few minutes.

I have no idea what the day will bring regarding naps, or how his sleep will go tonight, but it's just a case of wait and see I think!

I am needing to nap every day. I am physically and mentally exhausted. And even if I go to bed early, more often than not I am still awake when Jonathan comes to bed, due to thoughts swirling around in my mind for hours keeping me awake! Last night wasn't so bad for that luckily, but due to aforementioned 3am waking I am still absolutely knackered, my eyelids are so heavy!

I am still having spotting regularly. That's all it is though, spotting. The second it progresses into more severe bleeding I'm phoning up the doctor. It's bright red spotting so it is always worrying me a little, but as it's not much, and clears up quickly, I am still confident it is just implantation.

I have my first midwife appointment booked, for Tuesday 23rd February at 3pm. The timing is a bit of a pain actually as Tuesday afternoons is when the in-laws come over, MIL looks after Robert while FIL takes me shopping. And as we are keeping it a secret from family and friends until we have the scan, I can't tell them I have a midwife appointment! So I'll either cancel, say I don't need to go shopping, and take Robert with me, or I'll tell them I have a smear test, and take a big bag to hide the folder I'll be given.

Anyway, I have to go... Robert is still screaming, he won't settle at all even though I can tell he's tired, it's got to the stage where he's screaming in a screechy manner even though I keep going in there to sing and re-settle him.. Argh! Remind me why I wanted another!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment