Friday 5 February 2010

Phew.. a new day. 5 weeks 2 days

Yesterday was AWFUL. I'm sure if you have me on facebook you already know this!

It went something like this:

Nicola is wondering what today will bring as Robert was up screaming at 3am and moaning every half hour before then, presumably due to his 2 naps. We shall see!
Yesterday at 08:50

Nicola is going braindead from all the screechy screaming of a 14 month old who is tired but WILL NOT SLEEP! Arghhh!
Yesterday at 11:49

Nicola has given up.
Yesterday at 12:46

Nicola from 2 naps yesterday to none today. Hurrah. Roll on 6pm. He can go to bed early tonight. And so will I.
Yesterday at 15:48

Nicola is listening to Robert screaming downstairs, he's in his highchair with a ham sandwich in front of him (his favourite) but he's still screaming and I don't know why... need 5 minutes breather... the sooner he goes to sleep the better, before I lose my mind or worse.... :(
Yesterday at 16:58

Nicola is now listening to Robert screaming in his cot. Anyone notice a recurring theme in these status updates today?
Yesterday at 17:44

Nicola is now on strike until Jonathan goes to work tomorrow morning unless there is an emergency. I have officially had ENOUGH.
Yesterday at 18:36

So yeah, basically he screamed ALL DAY. And by the end of it I was screaming right along with him, and sobbing into the sofa. And wondering WHY ON EARTH anyone wants more than 1 child??!? And wondering what on earth I had done becoming pregnant again... And wondering how I'd cope if Robert has days like that regularly... or if a year from now I have two screaming children and I'm at the end of my tether...

He finally DID eat his sandwich, once I let him out of his highchair and he calmed down, he then grabbed a bit off the table and walked around eating it, which I never usually let him do but yesterday I was too upset and stressed to worry about (more) crumbs on the carpet.

I put Robert down to sleep at 5.30pm. He finally actually dropped off to sleep (cried himself to sleep) at just before 6. I crawled into bed thinking thank GOD finally I can get some sleep myself. I had JUST drifted off to sleep when I heard screaming that carried on for 5 minutes before I thought I should get up... it was 6.25. Arghhh! I was sooooo pissed! Newly pregnant (and thus very tired all the time) with no naps at all that day, urgh I was so so so tired! Finally Robert went to sleep at 7pm. I went downstairs, made myself a hot chocolate, and put some stargate on, and that's where Jonathan found me when he came home, and told him that Robert was now his responsibility until he went to work tomorrow. Came upstairs, read a few forums while Jonathan ate his cereal (his tea - I didn't feel like any), and then I went to bed at 8pm. And this morning I do feel better for it.

But boy, I sure felt like the worst mum on the planet yesterday :( Going to make it up to him though.

Right now I'm just pleased because Robert went to sleep very quickly in his cot for his nap, no holding or rocking him for the entire time necessary. I think it's safe to say he's back to his 1 nap a day after only 1 day with 2 again ;)

Oh and the three of us all have colds. Arghh! Nevermind, and thanks for reading what was quite a ranty entry!

1 comment:

  1. Stay positive hun, I'm sure it will be better :)

    Take care of yourself and think happy thoughts! :)

    Love,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete