Saturday 20 February 2010

7 weeks 3 days - worse for wear

I am not feeling too good right now. After a bit of a row with Jonathan last night. (I was annoyed because Robert wouldn't settle and it was really stressing me out, and there was Jonathan sitting there at his computer. I got up to try and settle him which didn't work. Came out him screaming, I was arghhh.. Jonathan still sat there on his arse, anyway it turned out he was waiting for 5 minutes before he went in, and I was annoyed because I wanted him to show a little initiative and see that the fact I was obviously stressed out meant I wanted him to GET UP and HELP! But anyway.) I ended up going to bed at 8.30. Didn't have any tea (but to be honest I was feeling so bloated from finishing off Robert's tea (some pizza toast!!!). Robert woke up early, he had some milk and then slept for another half an hour. I felt soooo tired. We all had breakfast together, then Jonathan and Robert went to the Surestart (dad and kids session) for a couple of hours. I went back to bed at 10.30. Jonathan came home, and I carried on sleeping for another hour. Then I got up, and I haven't felt very well since :(

I went downstairs to get a drink, and as I was pouring them, I came across feeling really sick. Had a bit of my drink then laid down on the sofa for a few minutes, and then took up the drinks and a couple of bananas, because it felt like I needed to eat something NOW. Felt a little better and have since had a pear and a sandwich, but I just went into the kitchen put some dirty plates out there, and just doing that made me feel awful. I have a HUGE stack of dirty plates I really need to clean (and lets face it, actually start KEEPING on top of! As in, do the damn dishes daily!!!!). I was thinking that since I have a lot of stuff to cook with I'd do some cooking too today but no... I don't feel up for that at all...

I'm now blogging (duh!) and I've also been looking at Baby Names. I'm up to C and have found 3 boys names and 2 girls names. I think once I have gone through the rest I'll then look up their popularity and cross out any that are too popular ;) I think 50 or below is fine, but any 20 and above are definite no-nos.

I am wondering whether to keep you lot in suspense with names this time round once we have decided, in fact whether to tell ANYONE names at all. It was nice to name Robert once we knew he was a boy, and refer to him as Robert all the time. It imprinted the name upon him before he was born, whereas if we were to not say the name we'd have to call him or her "baby" and if we call it by name with the two of us it'd be easy to slip up, or if we just called it "baby" but knew what the name was just never called it by name, we might end up looking at the baby and changing our mind, or thinking "but he doesn't look like a Fred, I guess it's back to the drawing board" sort of thing.

Something that is surprising me is that the names I am looking at this time around are mostly very different to the ones I liked when I was pregnant with Robert! I have completely gone off Chloe (apart from the fact it's uber-popular) much to Jonathan's annoyance. I am hoping that some of the names I shortlist he will like just as much.

I must admit.. I am beginning to get girl vibes. The thought of which is bizarre and maybe even a little scary. I've been a mum to a boy for over a year now, it will seem a little strange having a daughter. Plus I can imagine better than if it is a girl, Jonathan will be definitely more likely to say "ok no more". He says he is keeping an open mind but his current preference is definitely 2 children, and I think it will take a lot of persuasion from me to make him reconsider!

No comments:

Post a Comment