Sunday 21 February 2010

7 weeks 4 days - names! Argh!

I know we have another 32 weeks to think of names, but yesterday throughout the whole day I spent going through page after page of names, and finally got through the whole lot with a fairly decent sized shortlist for both boys and girls. Jonathan had a look at them (granted it wasn't a very long look) but he immediately vetoed 2 of the 9 girls names and 3 of the boys names (definitely, no way he was going to have those names kinda thing) and he also told me that he didn't actually like ANY of the boys names I'd chosen at ALL, apart from one, maybe. Which really disappointed me actually, as I'd chosen names that lept out at me, I really like all of them (although I must say the only one he "sort of" likes is the one I like least! Argh!), and I knew that a couple he would say a definite no to, but there were 3 of them I thought he would like!!! They are quite traditional names, not "made up" sounding, they've been around a long time if you know what I mean. And one that I really do really really like, he said "sounded like a girl's name"!!! That one being Darrell (or Darryl). Another one he said sounded "too Scottish" (!!) and another he said was "too old fashioned"! Those being Callum and Samuel. I really thought those 3 he would like. So I am really quite disappointed.

So I told him to go through a baby names website and come up with his own list of names, as he really didn't like any of the ones I've chosen :(

Although, good news is that the girls list I came up with had more luck! One of the names he did really like (and it wasn't Chloe lol, I didn't put that on the list because if he did he would have just said "oh, chloe, you like that so let's go for that because I really like it!" I might reconsider it in a few months time but we will see how I feel!), and it's one I really like too! He didn't like Penelope, or Jayleen, or Cailyn ("sounds too much like Caitlyn and sounds wrong") But there is one name that might well be a good girl's name contender :) I'll keep it a secret for now! But we'll see what Jonathan comes up with. I'm just so gutted that he doesn't like any of the boys names I suggested. But at the same time I don't want him to just succumb to what I want, I want him to really like it too! And feel like he's had an intregal part of choosing this baby's name. We shall have to see I guess.

Midwife appointment in 3 days! (well, 2 and a half ish) I am very eager to get my scan appointment through, and am hoping that it is in March but I fear I might be setting myself up for huge disappointment in that respect when it turns out to be April, which would mean I would either have to post-pone my dad's visit, or make another trip within the next week or two to go see him with his surprise! Maybe I'll see if I can make the appointment myself, if I can find the right phone number! Anyway that's about it for today. We're going to see Aunty Naomi whose birthday it is today, hopefully the snow won't be too much trouble! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment