Saturday 27 February 2010

8 weeks 3 days - waiting...

The wait for my scan date is AGONISING! I literally leapt off the sofa this morning when I heard something light slip through the letter box, only to find it was a friggin charity bag. I am expecting it around a week after my midwife appointment, but that doesn't stop me from being excited and thinking maybe.. just maybe it'll get here a little sooner.

I think, yet again, I am one of the lucky ones. I've been so convinced I wouldn't miss morning sickness again, but it seems I am! I very occasionally feel a little sicky first thing in the morning, but I generally feel well! I am sort of waiting for things to get worse, but so far, nope! And what with a good BP and clear wee on my first appointment, I just get the feeling that this will be another text book pregnancy although I bet I'll suffer with the heartburn and swollen ankles again! I am going to invest in a couple of good pairs of flight socks for the swollen ankles/feet, as I won't be able to spend my entire last 2 months of pregnancy laid on the sofa with my feet on a beanbag like last time!!!

Although the midwife appointment made it official, it still isn't feeling very real to me. I'm sure that within a month when I will have seen my little baby it will feel more real!

Anyway! My little baby is very cute :) Well I should say my big baby really :) He is mastering some animal noises and he is gradually expanding his vocabulary of noises, but speaking seems a very long way off yet. But his understanding of us is so good! I nearly wet myself laughing last night, when Robert was running around the landing after getting ready for bed, but Jonathan wasn't quite finished with him, so he called out to Robert "Come on, litte monkey!" and Robert, who knows exactly what a monkey says, immediately called out "oooh aaah ahhh!" and still continued to run around :)

He has 13 teeth now. Although five of these are still coming through. He now has eight incisors, two top molars, two top canines, and one bottom molar. His teething hasn't been too bad, he's still slept through although a couple of times he's woken up way too early. But generally he still sleeps well. And finally yesterday we have started seeing nice fairly solid poos again for the first time in what seems like months!! We can actually tip them down the loo! So nice, compared to the ones we've been getting for ages, the smeary, sticky, really disgusting nappies. I am pleased that I didn't get morning sickness too badly or that would be just awful! Anywayyy. I'd best be off! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting stuff!!!!! Can't wait for your scan either! :)

    Robert has the same number of teeth as NATHAN, lol! But Nathan is quite behind on teeth. He only has 3 of his four bottom incisors!!! I don't know where that 4th one has gone. He is just cutting a 3rd canine now. So we're about in the same kind of boat with teething stages, even with the age difference, hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete