Friday 12 February 2010

6 weeks 2 days - no signs really.

I'm still symptom-less, apart from being tired. Although I have managed a couple of days without naps but I do generally feel better if I nap when Robert naps. I'm actually going a little crazy because of lack of symptoms. I don't feel pregnant at alllll, and do sort of wish I had sickness, well, maybe just slight queasiness, so I know I've not just dreamt it all up. I wish I had more pregnancy tests, but in the 5 months TTC I've used up all 25 I had.. :( Only used five since I got pregnant, gave one to Sarah, so that's 19 I've used when I was completely unpregnant! I'm seriously considering going down and getting myself another test just to check.

I've also dredged up my Miriam Stoppard pregnancy book. Been rereading it, and at 6 weeks my baby is a weird alien-esque looking creature with tail, a face that doesn't really look like a face, and a large bulbus heart that is already beating! It's amazing how much my baby will change from now, until my scan (hopefully in 6 weeks time, but most likely in 8 weeks time if the fact that Sarah's scan isn't til 14 weeks is anything like when mine will be.). I am eager for my scan, I hope I get nice clear scan pictures like we did with Robert, so I can post them up and get people to guess at the gender based on the nub! I posted Robert's ones, and 100% of the people that replied (about 7 or 8 people) guessed boy!

I've had no more dreams lately. But I am certain I am only carrying one baby. But I still have no inkling to the gender. I'd probably lean towards boy very slightly right now, but if family traits have even the slightest resemblence (which of course they don't, really, but you never know, I could follow it!!) then it'll be a girl. My dad was first then his sister, my brother was first then me, my uncle was first then my mum, Jonathan first then his sister. We shall see. I have a maximum of 2 months to wait! I think I will lie and say I don't know how long my cycles were at the booking appointment. She will then put me 5 days ahead of what I think I am, so hopefully I will get a scan a week sooner! So 13 weeks if they're going for 14 weeks lately. Or 12 weeks if they're down to 13 weeks ;)

Anywayyyy! I don't know if I mentioned that I gave Robert spaghetti bolognese for the first time the other day. (I got the recipe from a recipe book I've had as when I make it it's quite bland. This one turned out very tasty!!) He looooooved it! He's never had spaghetti before and he mastered sucking it in quite quickly!





He actually began to get a bit fussy with food, and eat a bit then start playing with it. I am putting it down to boredom as it was generally the same stuff he was having each time. Sandwiches for lunch, and for tea usually jacket potato, or cut up bits and bobs (mainly salady bits, cheese, ham, breadsticks) or occasionally a portion of homemade stuff I'd cooked and frozen. Last night I cooked him a pie, some chips and quite a lot of veg, and he WOLFED it down, ate everything on his plate, starting with the veg! Today I did him a chicken kiev, with wedges and veg, and again he ate it all, starting with the veg. But he did lose interest after a while and I had to encourage him to eat it, unlike with the pie. :)

He is also getting to the age where I want to start doing arty bits with him. Jonathan went and bought an easle tonight, and got a little box free, which came with chalks, crayons, paints, paint brush, stamps, foam rollers/brushes, chalk eraser and a protective mat. :) The easle has a white board and a chalk board on it, it's quite big for him at the moment but he can reach about half way up the board ;) The only downside is that it's yet another BIG thing to clutter up our lounge! I think it will have to live in the garage unless it's being used!

Also which is good, is that Robert is now showing interest in his ladybird rocker he got for Christmas.



He tries to climb on it a couple of times a day now, and when he's on (usually once I've helped him up) he's got the hang of rocking on it :) Well that's it for the mega huge update. Hope you're all well! tata!

1 comment:

  1. Aaaw, Alfie has a mini easel too, not a standing up one as he's much too small but one that folds up with a whiteboard/flipchart on one side and a chalkboard on the other!! He loves it...ps: I would treat yourself to one of the digital preg tests. They're only a couple of quid more than the normal ones and it makes a lovely pic when it says "pregnant" on it, specially as they can tell you how far along you are :0) I'd say treat yourself!xXx

    ReplyDelete