Tuesday 16 February 2010

6 weeks 6 days - ah it's about time!

I think I am beginning to get morning sickness in a mild form. I am feeling more gaggy, but not really truly feeling like I am about to be sick. I am almost 7 weeks pregnant. On Thursday I will have known for three whole weeks. And that seems crazy! That I will have known for more than half the time I've been pregnant. Little things eh!

Even more amazing is that while *ahem* most of the online communities I am part of know, our families do not. I am still holding onto the thought of them opening up a framed scan picture of our newest little baby and the looks on their faces when they see it, especially those of our parents who don't know we've been trying. My mum knows we've been trying, but she doesn't know as of yet that we've succeeded in conceiving :) In fact the last time we saw her I had infact just begun my last period! And as for my brother finding out, well I think asking him to buy some new nappies for us from costco will work... not for Robert though, I think size 1 nappies will be needed ;)

I have my midwife appointment next Tuesday. One week from today! I can't believe it, I am eager to get the ball rolling, and hopefully get my scan date through the post for sometime towards the end of March. I'm hoping it won't be much later than that though! Please keep your fingers crossed for a March scan date for me!

Today I also (finally!) saw Sarah, my friend who is 4 weeks ahead of me for the first time since we became pregnant. She's about 10 and a half weeks and has her scan in about 3 and a half weeks time. She will be 14 weeks then, and isn't impressed as her scan for Keiran was at 9 weeks lol! But she seems well in herself too, same as me not a lot of sickness per se, but some food aversions. We had a good old natter, the boys played beautifully, and we're going to see each other again tomorrow :) She's bringing along a DVD about babies in utero which looks kinda cool :)

She has names for the baby already, and she's leaning towards boy.. me, I still have no vibes. Nada. :( We have a girl's name (but I'm not 100% sure on it) but no boy's name. And I know for a fact that some of the boy's names I like Jonathan will say no to!

I would really like a sort of unusual name... not one that's just plain stupid, ie, one that's unusual for a reason, but I mentioned while I was pregnant with Robert about Kerryn for a girl, and I really am liking that name. Sort of like Kerry sort of like Karen. And although not quite as unusual, but I like Brendan for a boy, but Jonathan has already strongly vetoed that one :( Sarah's girl name choice is a little unusual, here at least. Well ok, very unusual! But apparently it's quite popular in Ireland. Chloda. I first thought "ehhhhh... ok..." when I heard it, but it's growing on me a bit lol!

Right well I've not had tea yet, and Jonathan is working late most of the week. I bought some sirloin steaks at tesco today, I hope he'll be home for tea soon this week, they're calling out to me ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh freaky we had sirloin steaks yesterday too!
    Glad you're feeling more pregnant although I hope you don't get morning sickness too badly!
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Irish name is usually spelt 'Clodagh'. (I know one!)

    ReplyDelete