Thursday 18 September 2008

30 weeks 5 days - an easing up of discomfort finally??

For the first time in goodness knows how long, I've got up in the morning without having to clutch the side of the cotbed, and hobble along to the bathroom until my back pain eases. Which makes me VERY happy! :) It makes such a change to be able to turn in bed without having to wake myself up, steel myself for an excrutiating pain in my lower back/pelvis, and then flip myself over while gritting my teeth. I hope this continues! I suppose I should have really told Beverley (my midwife) about this before, as it has been going on a while, but I think I'm generally the kind of person who plays down things like that. Well, I'll gripe and moan about it to whoever'll listen, except people in the medical profession. And especially when it comes to pregnancy related stuff, I tend to think "well, there's no point making a big fuss over some stuff, since most pregnant women get it anyway". Although with the heartburn, something that actually keeps me awake for several hours if left untreated because I was in pain is not something I could tolerate!

Anyway, Robert's movements have died down a little in bed now, but he is still fairly active. Yesterday I watched for ages as he pummelled and wriggled around in there. I do get rather confused sometimes about where he is lying from where I feel kicks from. I can only assume that some of them are actually punches rather than kicks. He is also making it increasingly harder for me to sit at the PC for extended periods of time, with kicks not quite at my ribs, but nearly up there, and wriggling in such a way that makes it uncomfortable to stay in a sitting position for much longer.

Today apparently, someone from argos is coming around with a new table top, to replace the scratched leaf panel from the table. Which is great, although judging by the last time of delivery, they won't be here until gone the end time on the limit we were given, so gone 6pm. Still, it's a lovely day today, so I'm taking the opportunity to get some washing out to dry in the lovely weather. And also changing the duvet covers and sheets, which I should have done last week due to the cat being *ahem* ill, but never got round to. That's something else that doesn't get done very often around here, but meh...

Anyway, hope the weather is nice where you're reading from too, and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment