Tuesday 9 September 2008

29 weeks 3 days - wriggly Robert sausage

Last night in bed, as I was trying to get comfortable, my right side of my bump and a little under it started to really hurt, almost in the fashion where you pull a muscle. I put my maternity pillow in place, but it still hurt, so I turned over and tried it on the other side. For a while it still stung badly. I was groaning a lot and Jonathan was getting quite concerned. But to me it did feel like just the muscles of the uterus perhaps, it didn't feel any deeper than that. But I stayed on my left side for a while, and I could feel the pain start to fade away, but at the same time, up started a little WRIGGLE MONSTER!

Oh my gosh he wriggled for Britain in there! It felt to me like it was all on my left hand side, near my pelvis. I told Jonathan that Robert was wriggling, and he leant over and put a hand on my bump (the top right hand side), and I was absolutely amazed that he could feel the wriggles even on the entirely opposite side of the bump! When Jonathan took his hand away to go to sleep, I put my hand up onto my right hand side (literally as far right as I could put my hand before my uterus met my hip), and Robert started squirming and poking against my hand SO hard, it really surprised me! I kept saying "Oooooh! Oh my gosh! Wow!" and Jonathan kept asking me if I was alright, which of course I was but wow - the force of his wriggles and pokes then were amazing... I could feel my skin reach up into the crevice in my hand (the palm) with his little pokes. I was just absolutely awe-struck by them. How is my little man getting so strong??

I am so happy that I get to experience this. It really does make all the years I waited, wanted, wished for it to happen worthwhile. There really is no denying that our own little family is about to expand when I feel those wonderful movements. *happy sigh* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment