Sunday 8 June 2008

16 weeks 1 day - definite movements now. :)

I'm 16 weeks pregnant. SIXTEEN. Woah! Where'd the 11 weeks since I found out go? I have my midwife appointment in 3 days time, can't wait for that either. :)

Yesterday, I felt what was pretty much a "flutter" in my tummy, which makes me wonder if the movements I felt before were Sausage or not. But I'm pretty sure that now I have definitely felt Sausage move, since it did feel more like it has been described than the first ones I thought I felt. But even though I've felt what I'm 99% sure is Sausage doing backflips inside me, there's still a niggly feeling that can't wait til the appointment, so I can ask the midwife if she can try and hear the heartbeat. I can't remember where I read it now, but I remember reading someone saying that they got worried about their little one, had the scan and felt better, then a week or so later began worrying again. Which is practically identical to me! So I guess worrying about the welfare of that little bean/sausage inside of you is just common, especially when it's your first. I've not been OVERLY worried in the weeks since the scan, which will be FOUR weeks tomorrow - woah!

It's strange, and reading Heather's diary reminded me of it, although technically I'm still in that phase, how at the beginning, you're not showing, you can't feel movements, you just have to HAVE FAITH that all is well. J reckons my belly is getting bigger, but I don't look bigger to me AT ALL. All my flub is masking any baby growth, which is a pain because all the skinnier people have BALLOONED by 16 weeks! I'm so jealous! I want my baby bump already!!! I'll take another picture for the belly gallery at 18 weeks, and from then on every 2 weeks. Not that it'll make a lot of difference in my opinion!

Since my scan at 12 weeks, where Sausage measured 53 mm, the fetal development sites reckon Sausage has DOUBLED his/her CRL to around 109mm. In four weeks! Go Sausage! Although different sites reckon s/he is as much as 170mm. S/he has also learned how to grasp things - like his/her umbilical cord! Little Sausage now has fingernails, and his/her legs are longer than the arms now. Sexual organs are fully developed now, it won't be long before Mummy and Daddy know whether Chloe or Robert is coming into the world to see them in November! (Or December, if he/she is two weeks late like Mummy was!)

So I guess it's obvious that I'm a little happier than I was, although my SIL hasn't been on MSN longer than it takes her to realise I'm on there too... I guess it's still a waiting game as far as that's concerned. She said to me that she'd leave me to initiate conversation "if I wanted to" even though I told her I have no problem with her and it's up to her, but she hasn't left me any chance to initiate conversation, she comes on, then about 5-10 seconds later she logs off again. Ah well. Anyway, hope you're all doing well, and thanks for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment