Friday 8 May 2009

More weaning photos!

Ahhh thanks for the comments! As always! I love reading your comments!

We have got so many more cute photos of Robert eating! There's something so cute about a baby stuffing his/her own face and getting food EVERYWHERE! ;)

There are so many, but I won't bore you with ALL the photos, especially all the photos of Robert eating the broccoli and cauliflower a few days ago. I'll try and pick my favourites instead!

He certainly has been getting stuck in!



Here's a photo of Robert looking completely different to normal (funny how babies can do that, occasionally take photos where they look nothing like they usually do!!) eating some cucumber.

And here's him just today enjoying melon for the first time. He did like it! Gave it a good old sucking!

We also tried him on some red pepper today, but he wasn't really very keen at all. He did try and put it in his mouth but it was more exploring it I think than trying to eat it, which he didn't seem to want to do. Then Jonathan gave him a banana, with some of the peel left on so it was easier for him to hold, and oh my goodness. Robert went for that like... I don't know.. but the boy certainly LOVES banana! He crammed it in his mouth, and managed to break off about 1/4 of the banana. He had so much banana there was a huge chunk just sitting there coming out of his mouth! It looked SOOO so so funny! I just went into hysterics laughing, which made Robert grin (complete with banana), which was just even more funny! I think in the end, he polished off a massive 2/3 to 3/4 of the banana (the rest I'm sure he would have eaten too but it was all in a mushy mess on the high chair tray, and smushed onto his bib, and on his cheeks lol!)

I'd like to try him on some toast tomorrow. It would be nice I think anyway.

Oh! I almost forgot to say! We went for his paediatrician checkup today, and the doctor seemed very pleased with his milestones. She wasn't concerned at all so far, and neither are we. Although we were a bit worried about the fact that over the last month Robert had only put on 8oz, and dropped below the 50th centile line, he was weighed again today where he was 4oz heavier! Putting him at 17lbs exactly.

What else? Oh yes! A new trick just this past day really - raspberries! Yesterday he kept sticking his tongue out at me, but today they have been accompanied by rasping sounds. Oh my it's sooo cute! He has been rasping all day and it's just so funny! I swear my baby gets cuter by the day in everything he does and also his looks. ;)

*Sigh* :)

Oh, and still broody as hell! Which is good I suppose, it will encourage me to lose weight! I asked Jonathan today, what he thought about when we would try for a second baby. I said, if I managed to get down to my target weight within a year, how would he feel about trying straight away after I'm down to the weight. He replied with the usual male "We'll see" lol ;)

I really am beginning to notice the difference. Another month or so and hopefully I'll be 2 stone lighter than I was in January, and then I'll definitely feel and look lighter I should hope!

Anyway, really looking forward to tomorrow, but also slightly apprehensive, wondering if I'll be worried all the time about him, as it'll be over 4 hours probably. Don't worry Sarah, I won't spoil Star Trek for you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment