Friday 29 May 2009

6 months 6 days old - blocked sinus, weight loss

Sorry I've not updated lately. As some of you know I've not been very well this week, I've had a migraine since Tuesday (constant except for when the painkillers kick in and give me an hour's break), and a bad blocked nose. Anyway this morning when it had been three days since I first got the migraine I decided to go to the doctors, got an appointment for less than an hour's time from when I rang, and went along. She was a lovely doctor, and after examining me and asking me questions she said it was a blocked sinus, apparently there are sinuses above the eye which I didn't know, and that one was blocked and causing the migraine-like pain. She prescribed me a nasal spray to use for 10 days, and it does feel a little better even after only 1 use.

Robert was very good while we were at the doctors. The doctor was running late so we were in the waiting room for a while, and with no toys I was having to keep Robert entertained with the pack of babywipes, his sunhat, and a plastic cup! I got a lot of smiles from other women in the waiting room. Why is it that once you have a baby people become so much friendlier?

Anyway all week I've been taking long naps with Robert in the middle of the day to first and foremost get a break from the constant throbbing pain in my head. I'm soooo grateful that he's let me do this each day as even with the midday sleep (as long as 2.5 hours!) I've still felt absolutely shattered and in pain and just wanting to crawl into bed and close my eyes by about 9pm.

On weight loss news, I've lost another lb this week, which is great, down to 14 stone 6lb (from 15 stone 8lb 2 months ago). While it's not a huge amount, I'm pleased because that was with having a huge pizza between two of us last Friday night, a KFC on Saturday, and then a meal at the harvester on Monday. I am already feeling more slender, the size 18 jeans I got into a few weeks ago are already a little loose around the waist and thighs (although this might just mean they need washing!) I am soooo looking forward to losing the rest of the weight I want to lose (another 4 stone or so), and getting pregnant again! I can't believe how much I am looking forward to it! It won't be long before I will have to make Jonathan go up in the loft and get down my size 14-16 clothes! When I was a size 14, I went clothes shopping in Matalan with my mum, and bought loads of size 12 stuff with the intention of slimming down into them, which I never did! I will this time though!

Anyway, we are going to go and view the professional photos later this afternoon. I can't wait! I'm so excited to see how they came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment