Tuesday 3 February 2009

Stressful day - 10 weeks old

Today has been tough. Very tough. First nappy change of the day was a very VERY dirty one. One that I was amazed didn't leak all over his clothes. One that I had to use a tissue to wipe off the excess poo from his bottom. All other nappies today have been wet. No poo in any of them. Nada. Zilch. Well, apparently there were a couple of spots of poo in the one Jonathan changed. So basically he has not pooed in over 12 hours.

Add to that the fact he has been sicky. Difficult to wind. Crying incessantly, even on the boob (which breaks my heart whenever he does this). He has not slept in his cot today since we got up for the day. After his crying-on-the-boob incident in the morning, I took him upstairs and just lay down on the bed with him on my chest. He was still crying, but not as waily as he was on the boob. I cried along with him, which seemed to make him cry more, so I tried my best to stop crying, to see if that would help him calm down, eventually he drifted off to sleep on my chest. So I thought sod it, and pulled the covers over us both and fell asleep along with him. I woke up feeling bed sore after a while, so I moved him down onto the bed beside me, snoozed a little longer on my side, and then got up, and it was 1.40pm! I can't remember when we went up there, but then he slept in the bed for about an hour longer before wanting lunch.

This evening he did more crying on the boob, sicking up, etc, but of course only while it was my designated turn to look after him! He slept soundly in Jonathan's arms while it was his designated turn.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm hoping he'll have pooed overnight. I'm also hoping we don't catch any more colds from the Surestart Centre, where we are going tomorrow. In general, I am hoping that tomorrow will be a lot less stressful than today was.

Anyway, Robert's down in his cot, hopefully falling fast asleep, so it's my turn to fall fast asleep, because we're not going to manage a lot of it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment