Thursday 5 February 2009

Feeling a bit better today

Thanks girls for the comments of support from the last entry. It means a lot that you don't hate me for what I've done to my little Robbie. I think just releasing it, and telling people has done me a world of good - I feel much happier already knowing that people don't hate me for my deep dark secret. And that there's something I can do about it.

I did go and see the doctor last night. I checked online to see whether it was a male or female doctor before I went (name of doctor and surgery name in google), and found out it was a male one I was booked in to see. He was lovely and sympathetic, and didn't make me feel at all horrible. Even though I'd unloaded in here and the forum, I did cry a bit as well telling him. He didn't put me straight on the anti-depressants either, but told me he'd get the health visitor around to chat to me today (although with the 3 inches of snow we got I'm not sure if she'll be able to come) to chat and go through some coping strategies, and then he wants to see me again on Monday.

I am feeling a lot better though already. I've not been rough with Robert for over 24 hours which is a great improvement, but I will have to see how things go.

This morning I woke up extremely painfully engorged - Robert went about 10 hours without feeding, and slept for eight and a half hours in one go! I fed him all he wanted, and then expressed a furthur 5 ounces!

Have to go now, Robert is sobbing his heart out for more milk probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment