Monday 23 February 2009

3 months old! Video montage, shopping trip, etc

Robert is 3 months old! 3 months ago this very moment I was sitting at the computer timing contractions! Things are going great. I am really enjoying breast feeding, snuggling and playing with my little boy. However, the one thing I'm not enjoying so much is being sick on again and again and again :( He does sick quite a lot after his feeds, I can't remember the last feed he didn't sick anything up afterwards.

This weekend, we (well, Jonathan mainly) have finally gone through the camcorder footage we've been taking since Robert has been born. He's spent a good deal of the weekend making this montage.

As he was watching the finished product through for the first time, I looked over at him and he was crying. I asked him why, and after several seconds, as though he was trying to work out what to say, he finally said "He's alive". Which of course then set me off! The first footage was when he was already a few days old, just having got him in his first clothes. No footage of him in his incubator. But Jonathan did a lovely job of it I think you'll agree. The music to it is "Doubled Up" by Heather Nova. I laughed a bit at the last bit of footage, where Robert is sitting up being burped probably, and he roots around and then chomps down on my thumb!

We have loads more recent footage, mainly where he's cooing away. Which he does quite a lot now! We can hold conversations with him, which consist of "oooh!" "aaaah!" "eeeh!" The other day he was cooing away, with his fist in his mouth, and said what sounded exactly like "golf!" haha! His first word! ;)

He is such a smiley boy, it's so easy to get lovely photos of him grinning away at us, or one of his toys or books.

Here's a couple of photos of him grinning at his Daddy...

Yesterday was an interesting day. We went out to Northampton to do some shopping. Jonathan wanted a few bits from PC World, and I wanted some bits from Mothercare for Robert. We also went into the shopping centre to look for Orange so I could change my contract to pay as you go. I'm probably one of the last customers on Everyday 50 - a contract I took out when I first started dating Jonathan 8 years ago!! When we talked to each other every night as it was a long distance relationship at first. They discontinued the deal a few years back but they can't force people off the contract, so I'm still on it. But I don't spend �15 on phone calls now so it's not worth me being on it anymore.

Also we stopped by BHS and got me a new coat - I got a coat before I got pregnant in size 16 but it's too tight for me! So I've got another in size 18, which is quite snug but I'm determined to lose weight again (I want to be in the "normal" weight range before I get pregnant with a second baby which means me having to lose about 50lbs).

Anyway in Mothercare we bought some breast milk storage bags. I've wanted to get these for ages so I could start getting a supply of breast milk for the freezer. I just can't wait to go out for the evening, and not have to worry about Robert for a few hours! So I'm hoping to get a 5oz bag at least once every 2 days, but I'll try expressing every day and see what I get.

Last night I expressed while Robert was looking happy and content with Jonathan. I managed (finally) to get 4oz, but it took a while! Anyway, typically after I'd finished expressing, Robert then started to get grouchy, wanting feeding but I'd just expressed it all! So Jonathan took him out for a walk to calm him down while I stayed in and relaxed, letting my milk supply regenerate a bit! It was very late before Jonathan and I ate, Robert was absolutely knackered as well, he hadn't slept very much since early afternoon when we were shopping. But he kept waking because he was hungry! I finished eating, finished my drink, and then took him out of his bouncer to feed him. He was soooo tired bless him, practically falling asleep on the breast, but I kept tickling his neck to encourage him to suck and eventually I let him take himself off, and then carried him upstairs and put him to bed, where he fell asleep practically straight away, at around 10.30pm. He slept until 6.40am!

We also bought some bigger socks for Robert in Mothercare, as his other socks are too small for him now and I don't want to carry on forcing small socks on his feet. We have got a LOT of dungarees for Robert when he grows into the next age band of clothing (3-6 months)! At least 4 pairs, possibly 5. And a lot of tops, and some long sleeved bodysuits, which came with the dungaree sets so I suppose they might be good to put him in with the dungarees. But it's nice because there are a few sets which aren't blue! I'm so excited about having some NON blue clothes to put Robert in! It feels like he's got so many blue clothes it's hard to find an outfit without anything blue! He did actually wear an entirely non-blue outfit the other day, which was lovely! It was a beigey-brown top, with a pair of footed trousers, in white but with cream and brown writing on them. While in mothercare I did find myself looking at some sleepsuits that were green, red, orange etc and wanting to buy them!

Anyway, I'll be off now, so I can top up the milk I expressed last night and get it in the freezer. I hope you're all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment