Wednesday 11 February 2009

2 and a half months old - Another milestone!

Awww girls thanks for all the comments on the last entry! I am just going to try taking it one day at a time, enjoy him when I'm alright, try and not get stressed, and yeah, see what happens I guess.

As a couple of you may know from my Facebook status, Robert hit a new milestone yesterday! His first laugh! (Or actually, his first 8 or more laughs!) I was holding him on the sofa, so he was facing Jonathan who was next to me, and I can't remember how it started out, but I did a little laugh, and he looked at me with a huge wide open mouth and did a little laugh back! So I laughed again, and he laughed again! We sat there taking it in turns to laugh at each other for about a minute (although it seemed longer!) Jonathan and I looked at each other every now and then with big beaming smiles on our faces, it was such a magical moment! And I am so so pleased that Jonathan was there right next to us at the time!

It was so lovely, I had tears in my eyes, the way I did the first few times he smiled at me.

Yesterday morning I should have gone to the Surestart Centre, if it was open, which I'm not sure if it was because of the snow, but I was sooo tired because Robert slept from 11pm til 3am, then from about 4am til 5am, then 6.30am til 7.30am. And of course it took me a bit longer each time to fall asleep so I barely got 6 hours. So I stayed in bed, and next time Robert woke up I took him into bed with me, latched him on while he was laying ontop of me, and then moved him down onto his side with his head on my arm. We stayed in bed for a good few hours, with me feeding him like that whenever he wanted, and I only got up around 11.30am! He woke up about half an hour later. But it was sooo nice, nice bonding time for him to lay in my arms as we both slept. It's my new favourite way to feed him!

Anyway, I should go get some breakfast and get dressed while he's still asleep in bed! Thanks for reading, and commenting! x

No comments:

Post a Comment