Sunday 8 February 2009

Snowmonster, cute boy

Well I thought today I'd post a positive entry, because I don't know about you but all this doom and gloom is depressing! I still have my off moments and I am seeing the doctor tomorrow so we'll see what happens then.

Anyway, yesterday we decided to go out and build a snowman in the garden! Or, as someone who saw a pic of it afterwards said, a snowmonster haha! We took Robert out there too as we were making it, and had him in his baby bouncer, he didn't seem very interested in it! But we can show him the photos when he's older and say "Look! Your first snowman!" We built it almost as tall as me! Quite impressive, but by morning, he'd turned into the Leaning Snowman of Piza, although still holding his ground! Here are pics anyhow..

Robert next to a BIG ball of snow! (Set to be the first bit of the snowman)

Snowman becomes a bit taller with a second big ball on top (took me and Jonathan manhandling it to get it ontop of the first!!!)

Me admiring our handiwork..

Almost completed snowman/snowmonster, with eyes, nose, and mouth

Finished snowman with arms as well and boots which you can't see - almost as tall as me!

Jonathan was thinking we should try and use up all the snow in the garden, but we didn't come close to using it all! We did finally have quite a heavy scattering of snow as you can see from this pre-snowman shot of the garden:

Well, here's a photo of my little boy all tired out from building a snowman as big as his mummy (haha!)

He is getting so much stronger all the time. He LOVES to stand now, with our support of course. He spends much of his time when held by people standing rather than sitting. He'll stand to be burped as well, which is somewhat annoying!

But his neck is a lot stronger too, as evidenced by Bumbo photos!

Robert at about 8 weeks old in his Bumbo:

Robert at about 11 weeks old in his Bumbo:

And holding his head up leaning forward on the sofa just today..

I swear my son's eyes get bigger by the day! He's such a cutie pie! I know all you women with kids will disagree, but I think Robert is the cutest baby in the world!

I wanted to take some nice photos of him sucking his thumb as he does it such a lot these days, it's the only thing that will comfort him if he's crying when full/clean etc.


Gonna go now, wish me luck for the doctor tomorrow, and that it doesn't snow anymore so I can get down there fairly easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment