Friday 20 February 2009

3 months nearly! Photo entry

My baby's nearly 3 months old!!! How did that happen?! Hehe. He's growing and looking more grown up all the time. Although I've not noticed the gradual change, I can tell the difference between the photos in the first week outside my belly and now. He looks "more defined" somehow...

I found a couple of photos of him looking similar - asleep, same orientation, etc, one from the first week, and one from this past week.

I also look at some photos of him and think "WOW he looks so much older than usual here!" Like this one...

He is so strong now, and thinks nothing of holding up his head waaaay clear of the ground and if he's at an angle he looks up so alertly and seems to love looking around like that!

A photo to make you all laugh (and DEFINITELY one to put up for show at his wedding!!) is this one, I bet the look on his face will mirror the one he'll get when I embarrass him with this later on! Got to love stretchy bibs!

Anyway, some more photos I want to share here are ones I took today (I'm surprised at how sharp and clear they turned out, usually the ones I take are slightly blurry). He was sitting in his bouncer quite contently cooing at me so I got out the camera and took some snaps, and I think they turned out quite well!

The colour of his eyes are difficult to distinguish aren't they! But they look greenish here I think, very very dark green. I'm glad I managed to get that photo though, it will be interesting to see if they change!

Finally, I got one of the "milk drunk" look I wanted to get!

It's not as good a photo as how he usually looks, I don't know why but his head looks a bit of an odd shape here. But it still looks like how he does look with his eyes mostly closed. Hehe!

Before I sign off I'll just thank you girls for your comments on the last entry. Megan, I know what you mean and I wasn't trying to make out like I was being holier than thou or something with regards to people bottle feeding. The support is so important and if someone doesn't get it and therefore feeding is harder then of course bottle feeding is the way to go. I think my determination and research into breast feeding has made me aware of the problems and pitfalls. A while ago when I did run out of milk and I was stressed about it, I wrote on the baby forum I visit saying about it, and people immediately responded "go get him some formula!" And then I got a reply from someone saying "Don't give him formula, just try and relax and that'll help the milk flow, giving him formula will just mean he's not hungry for your milk and your milk supply WILL go down!"

It just seems to me that the norm is bottle feeding these days. And was thinking out loud as to why that would be.

But anyhow! I hope you enjoyed the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment