Saturday 14 February 2009

11 weeks 6 days old - a good week!

Well girls, I have had a fantastic week! No roughness all week! And it's been a lovely week of bonding for me and Robert. He's been quite difficult this week sometimes, a bit clingy. I'm amazed how well I coped with it, I didn't even get angry or frustrated, which is soo so so good, I thought I might, or I would have done if it had been a week before.

Also, I'm really pleased with how breast feeding has settled down. I can't remember the last time I had a feeding related annoyance. Plus I have discovered a position I absolutely ADORE to feed him in, as it's so comfortable, and he usually looks right into my eyes and it's just lovely. I lay down on the bed (on my back), lift him above me and latch him on like that, and then lean him over onto my arm, and go onto my side so he's on the bed but with his head on my arm. I can wrap my arm around him and hold him close this way (unlike if I have his head on the bed, I have to have my arm up at a right angle which isn't always comfortable), and his eyes are at more of an even level to mine.

I find myself wishing I could take a photo just laying there, I will have to get Jonathan to take one soon, I really don't want to forget how he looks when he's feeding like that! Also, I'm going to have to get a photo of his "milk drunk" looks. It's the cutest face ever!

I am just so so in love with my little boy. :) Can you believe he's almost 12 weeks old?? Where has the time gone?? (If only the 12 weeks before he was born went so quickly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment