Monday 9 February 2009

Anti-depressants

So, been to the doctor this morning, well, saw the HV first, she had a bit of a chat, and at one point, when I mentioned to her that sometimes when I'm stressed, and frustrated I feel like Roberts doing it on purpose (which is silly I know, he's just a baby and doesn't know any better), she said "You'd be surprised how many people I've heard that from". She did the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale with me, I scored 16 - apparently over 12 is more than just baby blues.

Went in to see the doctor, and he talked a bit about how I've been since I saw him on Wednesday (2 or 3 episodes of roughness with Robert), he gave me the option of some anti-depressants to see if they lift my mood and make me feel better, so I asked what the down sides of them were, and he said I could experience headaches or nausea from my body getting used to them, and that I should try and persevere through them. He said he'd prescribe me ones that are safe to use while breastfeeding. Anyway I sat and thought about it for a few minutes, and figured that it would be worth trying - because I felt really positive on leaving the doctors last Wednesday, was okay on Thursday but by Friday I did it again. What's to say the same won't keep happening? I'd rather try them and see if that helps than to not, and possibly carry on in the same self-destructive manner. So... day one on anti-depressants. Apparently it could take up to two weeks for them to work though. So we'll see.

Off to get my lunch now. Tata girlies x

No comments:

Post a Comment