Tuesday 1 April 2008

Feeling pregnant finally!

It's quite bizarre, but since my last entry, I am FINALLY beginning to feel pregnant! My tummy is growing, I'm sure it is. I've not got round to getting Jonathan to take any pics, mainly because I can't find the camera, but also because I'm so fat as it is... I'm kinda embarrassed... Anyway, last night, I was standing up naked before getting into bed, and was feeling my tummy, which felt.... different! Jonathan saw me pressing and squeezing my tummy, he said "Don't squeeze it too hard!!!" I told him that I was feeling it because it felt different, he came over and felt it too, and said "It feels rubbery" Which is an oddly accurate word to describe it! It feels firmer somehow, but because it has a lot of flab there, I guess it ends up as a kind of rubbery texture!

Also, this morning, I got up to use the toilet, I was sitting up for a while ON the toilet, and suddenly felt really queasy! I went and laid back down again, and by the time I got up properly, I felt fine. Is this the starting of my morning sickness?

Last night I cooked some cauliflower and brocolli in cheesey garlicy sauce. It came frozen in a bag from tesco, and I did too little of it. But omg, it was soooooo tasty!! It's a shame it takes about 40-45 minutes to bake in the oven, because I would have made some more and eaten it all! So I'll have to settle with having some more for lunch today :)

We had it with boiled new potatoes, and it was all reaaaally nice! I should try and find a recipe to make that stuff. I looooove garlic! I seriously can't get enough of it... I hope this pregnancy doesn't change that. If I start disliking cheese, bacon, chocolate, and garlic because of all the changes in my body I'll cry I think! But I guess I'll find things I like instead... like marmite, liquorice (shudder), errr... other stuff I can't really think of right now... I'm really not picky about my food. ;) I'll eat marmite if I have to, but liquorice.... NO WAY. I can't even lick it, the taste is just FOUL. It's strange, I know there are people who LOVE the taste, and I just cannot fathom it! To me, eating earwax is preferable. Seriously :P Hmm.. before this entry turns into a "Why I hate liquorice entry" I'd best carry on and change the subject ;)

Yesterday, our furniture arrived from Argos :D (the bedroom furniture - two bedside tables, two chests of drawers, and a biiiiiig wardrobe) I asked if the men could take it upstairs for me, the man who brought in the bulk of it said that they weren't allowed to take up anything over 40 kilos, but in the end they did anyway, hehe :D Rested it all against the bedroom wall. And, I assembled the two bedside tables later on in the day! I felt sooo proud of myself, the drawers work and everything! I'm going to try and assemble a chest of drawers today, since it also recommends one person for assembly. But the wardrobe will have to be done with Jonathan, since it's verrrry tall. We haven't decided if we want the wardrobe in our bedroom or not, we were thinking of getting fitted wardrobes done for our bedroom, along the end wall. So we thought we'd just assemble the wardrobe we have at the moment in the other big bedroom, and go in there to get our clothes until we get the fitted one done. But it was easier to get the delivery men to just put it in one room than take it all to two separate rooms, so hopefully Jonathan will be able to move the 4 (!) big boxes that make up the wardrobe into the spare bedroom, if not I guess we take each panel bit by bit.

We just need soooo much storage! I don't know HOW we managed to fit all our stuff into that tiny one bedroom maisonette. We had more kitchen cupboards, I guess, and a breakfast bar (which ended up as a craft unit for my stuff), and board games, puzzles etc were stuffed under chairs, DVDs were put on makeshift shelves we stuck up a year or so after we moved, and also in DVD unit things by the telly on the floor... it was just.... a mess! Now we have a bigger place, we can get more bookcases for our things, and I just CAN'T wait! Can't wait til we can look around, all boxes unpacked, everything NEAT in cupboards/bookcases, with our new sofas, and everything... Which will hopefully be by the end of May, then we can sort out a proper housewarming party which we never had for the flat! And then we can do all the exciting baby preparations! Making decisions, buying clothes, equipment we need, sorting out a room (although we'll probably have the baby in with us to start, so would probably keep all its clothes, and cot, and nappy changing bits in there.

I am very interested in using cloth. Alice is the one to thank for that! It's benefits cannot be understated I think really. Cheaper, better for the environment, better for the baby, all we need to give up for that is some time and convenience. Although, I have NO idea about where to get cloth nappies from really, or what to put in them, or things like that. Luckily I have plenty of time to do my research, but if you kind ladies could give me any pointers, I'd be grateful :)

This weekend, I think I'm going to have to drag Jonathan out shopping with me. I NEED some new bras. Desperately. The ones I have were already a little small for me before I got pregnant. Now I'm pregnant and my breasts are so tender most of the time, and they're getting bigger (I swear they are!) I need better and bigger bras to support me. I also need some good stretchy maternity trousers. My jeans are already feeling snug! (Had a good inch around the waste band) I have got a size 20 (!) pair of stretchy 3/4 length trousers I can wear into pregnancy, and I also have a nice skirt with a verrry stretchy waistband that'll last me a good few months I reckon (might well be my staple item of clothing during the summer!). But apart from that - nothing! And very few tops I can wear as well. But the tops are less of an issue for now. English readers - any idea of some good UK stores to get some decent and cheapish maternity clothes? The Milton Keynes huuuuge Tesco store might be a good place to start I guess.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment