Tuesday 15 April 2008

8 weeks 3 days - appointment this afternoon!

Hi everyone! I forgot to also say thanks for your comments about the belly gallery. I don't have any clear idea about when the next photo will be - maybe 10 weeks? Every two weeks from then on? Or maybe every 4 weeks so that it shows amongst my flubber more? That's the main reason for wanting it - to see how it changes and to have a record, because I'm sure when I'm bigger I'll not remember how I looked at 8 weeks, or whatever.

Oooh! And I can't believe my first appointment is FINALLY here! 4 hours from now I'll be in the room with the midwife :D My pee is sitting in the bathroom ready to transfer into the small tube thing I got given. But how embarrassing! Hehe. "Here, here's a tube of my wee, enjoy! Mmmmm what a lovely orangey colour it is!" Heh ok I'll spare you any more details. Guess I'm just bouncing off the walls a bit, to know I'm finally HERE. I hope we get LOTS of information to think about, and perhaps even a date for the scan. Oh my, I'm just soooo excited that I'll be seeing new tiny BABY in a month or so! I can't still believe I'm pregnant, really... truly.... pregnant! I mean, I've got used to the fact that I am now... but until I see the baby, I won't QUITE believe that inside me is this tiny being that's growing from a tiny egg into an actual PERSON!

My baby is now officially a fetus, not an embryo anymore. He or she is now 1.6cm in length. He or she now has eyelids, its hands now bend at the wrist and it has lost its tail. He or she even has tiny fingers!

Hmmm. I just read somewhere it's not uncommon to have an internal examination at this appointment - maybe that's just America, but I guess I will see for myself - good to be expecting it anyway, incase it does. Anyway, I'd best get downstairs, and get myself some breakfast.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment