Wednesday 18 April 2012

Thank you

Thank you all for the sweet comments on the last post. It really means so much to me that you are all here, and that you took the time to reassure me. I'm feeling much better today, and of course can see that you are all correct of course - things will be better once Robert goes to nursery! I don't know whether it was a dip of hormones or something yesterday or what, but either way I am feeling much more positive today. I even got out of the house and took the boys to a playgroup! It's a Surestart one, but it was one I'd not been able to go to before (well, before we got the new car) as it's about 2 miles away by car. But I got the boys all dressed, Robert went to the toilet (fairly happily) and washed his hands (not as happily but he still did it), I got the bag packed with nappies, wipes, the changing mat, a spare pair of pants and trousers, my wallet, keys and phone, and off we went! I am feeling a bit more confident driving now, and I can't remember when the last near miss was. I can't believe I've been a qualified driver for almost 5 months already. And it's not even been a year since my first driving lesson!

The playgroup went well, it was a HUGE room, there was so much space, and lots of activities set up. Robert got stuck in straight away, but Christopher was a bit overwhelmed by the space. After a while of playing next to or on me (sitting on my lap holding some toys) he was happy to wander off and play. Then I realised I'd left my phone on the dashboard in the car (needed it to navigate my way to the group!) so nipped out to get it. Robert quickly made friends with a boy who was going to be starting in the same session of his nursery in September with him, and they spent the rest of the session playing together which was lovely. The mum was nice too, although when she asked me if I would have a third child, and I said possibly, she did ask if I wanted a girl. *inward sigh* She might not have been thinking I wanted a third child specifically to get a girl, I just laughed and said "Well, a girl would be nice but you don't get to choose do you?!"

I didn't realise the group actually ran til 11.30, I assumed it finished at 11 like the other ones, so I was bundling the boys into jackets when the person running the group asked me if the boys would like a snack! So off came the jackets, and the boys enjoyed a snack before coming back to play. They did painting too but I forgot to grab them before we came home :(

The boys did have a lovely time and it was so nice to come back home and it be lunchtime!! And therefore only half the day really at home in one block! Plus it was nice to get in the car, drive somewhere without having to worry about having the boys loose and having to faff with buggy/sling, etc. I really enjoyed the drive and didn't even bother with the P plates this time, and didn't regret the decision not to put them on either ;)

I hope to get back out with the boys again on Friday to another group, although that one is in walking distance.

Thank you so much again, for being here, and reading. xx

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you getting out. Though it's mainly for the kids, it's good for your own sanity to talk to other mums just to feel a bit more human. I think you've slightly fallen into the same trap we all fall into occassionally when home with kids all the time. The "What about me!??" thing..... You spend all day every day doing things for them, hubby is at work, you are stuck home with the kids. Though it's not a resentful feeling, it's hard to get out of this sometimes. Most mums have times like this, just not every mum is honest/brave enough to talk about it.

    Good to hear you are more confident driving too. I swear I am going back stages, I currently hate my instructor and could have walked away from it all during my last lesson. But thats another story ;)

    Hope the rest of the week goes well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got out, we love our children's centre. I have to get out every day to stay sane. Driving makes everything so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased that you are feeling more positive and had such a good day out!

    ReplyDelete