Wednesday 24 March 2010

11 weeks 6 days - grandparents

All the grandparents know, and all the aunts and uncles know! Got a mixture of surprised reactions and "ah we kind of guessed" reactions. My dad's was by far the most surprised. He opened up the framed picture, looked at it, blinked a few times as if he was taking it in and processing it lol, and then his jaw dropped, he blinked again, and said "shit shit shit shit shit!" hahaha! When he composed himself he turned around and congratulated us, and again, as with Robert, told Jonathan "well done" lmao.

We had a lovely weekend in all, although when we got home from Kent on Sunday evening we had a rather sombre telephone message from my Mum... she had had problems with a virus while we were there and she had been scanning her PC over and over trying to clean it out and each time it kept finding more infected files. Anyway the message basically said that the virus had made her bank website go to a different site when she opened it up, and she said without thinking even though she thought it was strange she put in her password when it asked (although banks usually only ask for 3 random characters nowadays, this one asked for her whole password), and she found out on Sunday evening that her bank account had been cleared out of almost £2000... Just goes to show how vigilant you must be, especially when it comes to online banking, but also with downloading things you've got to be so careful of the source, I do wonder exactly how much junk she managed to download with her online games and internet toolbars etc. I hope she's more careful when downloading things, she was in such a state, understandably :(

Anyway. I'm still feeling fairly well with this pregnancy. I think I must be one of the lucky ones, that my sickness is barely anything to write home about, and I really think that one day must have been a bug, or at least the "peak" of my morning sickness as that's the only day I've had anywhere near that bad!

I look at fetal development sites regularly, but what is annoying is that they conflict so much. One says that at 12 weeks the baby is about 5cm long, and another says it's 8cm long.

If the sonographer at the scan can date the pregnancy from how long the fetus is, then surely the figures should be universal?! It is somewhat confusing, but so exciting knowing roughly how big the baby is. I hold up my fingers to roughly the length it says and just think "wow, my baby is that big already!"

Jonathan has jokingly wanted to call the baby Sausage 2 (sigh) or Cletus before we know the sex and come up with names (still no names decided for baby - Jonathan is being particularly slow and just not looking at any, and since he doesn't like any of mine it's up to him to pull his finger out of his arse!!), both of which.. no thank you lol! Sausage 2 just sounds stupid. Cletus (the fetus) sounds silly too. But as I was brushing my teeth last night I was thinking about Robert and how gorgeous he'd been that day, and how I just loved to squidge him.. and I thought "hmmmm Squidge" and I dunno, I like it :) My little Squidge! When it's born, I can give my little Squidge a big squidge! lol!

1 comment:

  1. Squidge!!! So sweet! :) I remember I had the hardest time deciding what I would call my second baby too, after "Bean" for Arthur. I had the same sort of wonderings in my blog and wondered about "Sprout" there, though it didn't sit as well as "Bean" had the previous time! Actually it was Helen who said how much she liked Sprout, so I went with it, and Matthew was Sprout! :)

    You're incredibly lucky not having morning sickness! I can assure you that if you have any, you don't have to wonder if you might have some or not! It's like a permanent tummy bug, with or without the vomiting and it lasts one hundred and fifty years (at least, that's how it feels at the beginning and end of each day, lol!). I think if you're not really nauseous for hours on end, you are not really experiencing morning sickness (lucky you!!!).

    Neil is the same with name-choosing! It drives me batty! I want to start picking names really quite early on, and he just is SLOW and not that interested until the 3rd trimester, which I just can't bear! I make shortlists and he doesn't like any of the names, etc. I feel your pain! ;)

    So excited to follow your pregnancy! I wonder if it's a boy or a girl...

    ReplyDelete