Monday 15 March 2010

10 weeks 5 days - amazed

I am amazed that I am now less than 3 days away from seeing my baby for the first time. I have a busy week ahead, made sure I have had something planned each day and that is really helping I think! I went to a group this morning, was going to try and go to one this afternoon but somebody refused to go to sleep until 1.30pm, and stayed playing in his cot for about 45 minutes before he finally dropped off to sleep, so he didn't wake until 2.40pm. (group was until 3pm so not worth going as I would have got him ready and been down there and had about 10 minutes if that before we'd have to come back!)

Tomorrow I go grocery shopping with the in-laws. Who now know! It feels odd! I think because I already have a baby, and when they are here their attention is on him, so this new little baby doesn't get mentioned much! Maybe it will once I start showing lots!

Wednesday I am seeing Sarah in the afternoon. And then Thursday is the BIG DAY! I am a little nervous, but mainly excited. I think because my symptoms aren't really becoming less, what little symptoms I have are still around which are mainly tiredness and peeing! I peed TWICE in the middle of the night last night!

I occasionally expect to go to the loo and find blood... I don't know why... I sometimes feel damp, and think "uh oh I'd better check" but no, it's just that lovely increased CM in pregnancy. Which is good though! I've not had any bleeding since the morning of my midwife appointment which is almost 3 weeks away now. And that was only a little amount as per all the other times. I can't believe how much more spotting I've had this time round than with Robert. With him it was ONE small brown stained CM blob. (sorry lol). This time I've had quite frequent small wipes of red blood. About once every 2 days for the first 3 weeks since I found out, then it gradually has tapered off. Before the morning of the MW appointment it was 2 weeks since the last, so nearly 3 weeks and counting is good.

I can't believe it's nearly here! I wish in a way it was a 12 week scan and that I hadn't fibbed with my dates, but I only fibbed because I thought they were going to give scans at 14 weeks lately rather than 12 weeks lol! But it is nice having an early scan. Some people have told me I might have another if I'm under 12 weeks (which I will be!) but I'm not holding my breath for that. We shall see.

Anyway... in two days and 19 hours (roughly) I will be on that bench/couch thing with a scanner stuck in my belly! Wooop! :)

2 comments:

  1. weee!! can't wait to find out what it is :p u know what to do if u find out, I don't wanna read about it online ;-) hehe

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol cami, unfortunately this is only the dating scan so I won't be able to tell yet. It'll be another 9 weeks or so before I have my anomoly scan which is when they can sex the baby.

    ReplyDelete