Tuesday 31 March 2009

4 months - videos and photos

Robert's sleep is still up the chute, he wakes several times from when we put him down at 10pm til when he decides he wants to get up at 6am, and we often fall asleep with him next to us in bed because I don't think we'd get any sleep otherwise!

But still, it's the best thing in the world when he decides he's had enough sleep and enough milk to see that smile when one of us puts him on our chest so he can look up and see us both. He did it again this morning, but he was still looking sleepy, and it was the cutest sleepy "good morning" smile ever :) It's these things I absolutely love about being a Mummy, and I can't wait until Robert decides to give me a hug, or a kiss, of his own accord, and when he says "I love you Mummy" for the first time. So many firsts to look forward to!

He is the cutest little baby I know, and I feel so lucky to have him in my life. He's so funny and there's rarely a day go past even if I'm tired, even if I'm stressed, that he makes me laugh. He smiles so much, and it's the best thing in the world. Well, one of the best things...

I think I mentioned a while ago that we managed to record Robert's first proper chuckly-laugh on video camera? Well Jonathan's finally got it sorted and uploaded. I was smiling so much that my cheeks started aching (as I say in the video!)

I could watch this video over and over! *sigh* :) I'm so happy we got it on camera, because he's not done it quite as much again - he's had a couple of very short giggles, one or two tops, not as many in one go as in the video!

There's another couple of videos I wanted to show you, one of them being of Robert playing with Baby Smash which is a downloadable programme you put on your computer, and when it runs, you can let your baby loose on the keyboard, and every time they hit a key something pops up on the screen, you can set it to make a laughing noise, or to say what it is that pops up (for older babies and children), so for letter keys it says the letter names, and for any other key it makes a random shape. Robert really enjoyed watching the shapes pop up (I hit the space bar for him) and made lots of cooing noises while he watched!

The other video I wanted to post was this one of Robert, he was very sleepy and I'd put him on the bed, I think he woke up and was still sleepy but was crying, anyway I decided to whip out the video camera, and well, the results are rather cute ;)

Anyway, before I go, here are a few recent photos from the last few days..

My soapy little boy!

Here's him enjoying (yes, enjoying! I don't know why he's pulling such funny faces!) a baby massage...

My little boy enjoying looking at the Very Hungry Caterpillar..

Yesterday he was on the sofa with Jonathan and he was eyeing up the banana in the fruitbowl, so Jonathan put him within mouth distance, and he just thrust himself forward and started sucking on the banana! We ended up with a very wet banana ;)

We've been taking him to Rhyme Time down the local library on Friday afternoons (Jonathan gets Friday afternoons off with flexi-time) so we both take him and well it's more for our benefit of learning new songs to sing him than for his benefit. He does like it when we sing "Down in the Jungle" to him, and move his arms around. :) Right, well we're heading to Northampton today, Jonathan wants his dad to look at his car's headlights (one of the bulbs has gone) and then we're going to mothercare to spend the rest of the vouchers and get him some short sleeved vests that will actually fit him until 6 months (the other short sleeved vests sized 3-6 we have for him are about the same size as mothercare 0-3 month ones).

I hope you enjoyed the videos and photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment