Wednesday 18 March 2009

16+ weeks old - sleep, love, laughter and friendship

Well I put my little man in the cot so I could go to the toilet, by the time I'd come back in he'd fallen asleep! Haha! His sleep is going again. He gets SO tired by late afternoon early evening, but we don't want to let him sleep from 6pm or he'll wake up around midnight and not go back to sleep! So we wake him at 8pm or so and try and keep him awake. But the last couple of night's he's gone back to his 4 hour long sleep followed by 1 hour awakenings where he wants to feed. Ah well... It's not so bad now I feed him in bed. Sometimes we both just end up falling asleep with him by my boob!

We do semi-cosleep. We always put him in his cot for his first long sleep, and if he's going through the patch where he'll have another semi-long sleep after the first feed he'll go back in, but if he's waking hourly for feeds, we do end up just keeping him in bed with us, on top of the covers but in his sleeping bag, and I just feed him whenever I hear him snuffling around for it.

These days I do just find myself completely overwhelmed with love for him. It surprises me how fiercely I love him sometimes. How sometimes I just look at his face, and want to kiss him all over and just carry on kissing him for hours! I absolutely ADORE his first smile in the morning when he wakes properly. Even if the night has been long and chocka full of feeds, the moment I see that smile I know it's all worth it and just is the most wonderful way to start a day!

Something which I will share with you when Jonathan sorts it out and gets it uploaded is a video we managed to get of Robert's first laugh! (he did a sort of laugh before, but it was more like a "herr herr" sound rather than an actual giggle) He started laughing as I tickled under his chin, and Jonathan RAN for the camera! We got a good few more chuckles from him. Ahhh such a lovely sound. :) I was grinning so much at him to encourage him to laugh that my cheeks started aching! (Which I said on the footage, don't know if that bit will remain or not!)

Something else I'm quite excited about is that I've exchanged numbers with a woman I've seen down the Surestart Centre a few times. We get on well, and chat a lot. She's lovely, anyway yesterday I offered to her if she wanted to come around for coffee with her little boy (I mean little! She was induced 2 days before her due date, and he only weighed 5lb 10! He's about 2 months old now and weighs 10lbs exactly - the same as Robert when he was born!!!), and she said that'd be nice so we exchanged numbers and maybe we'll get together soon for a nice coffee (well tea for me, I hate coffee) morning! And it'll be nice for Robert to have a regular playmate! I'm thinking about calling her tomorrow morning and inviting her over for the afternoon.

I tend to find it hard to make new friends, so I'm quite excited that I've made one! So nice it will be to have a local friend! I've lost contact with most of my old friends from school as they are still in Kent, although I've found a few via facebook. But my ex-best friend is also on there, but I've not added her as I still hate the way she left things with me, deciding that 6 months to do coursework due 2 weeks after my wedding, (at which she was supposed to be a bridesmaid!) wasn't long enough, so she told me she wasn't coming, as she couldn't spare a weekend out of her busy schedule. At least it gave me time to return the dress I'd already bought her, etc... *sigh* But anyway I digress - yes very much looking forward to getting a network of friends up in town :) Anyhow, should go and do some tidying, washing, etc while he's still asleep.

Hope you're all okay and having a fab week!

BIG BIG EDIT: Later on in early afternoon, Robert rolled over from his BACK onto his belly! Something babycentre reckons 5-6 month olds should do! He then rolled back onto his back after he craned his head to look at me. What a clever little Sausage my Robert is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment