Friday 2 January 2009

Canvases, breastfeeding update, and weigh-ins

Thank you girls so much for the comments on the photos :) <3>


It will be lovely to have a photo of each year of Robert's life on our wall for us to see when we go into the room.

Anyway, breastfeeding the last two days has gone well. He has been popping on and off and still crying, but then I just let him cry, see if he calms down, if he's still crying in a few minutes I try him again, if that doesn't work I just hold him again until he (eventually!) falls asleep. The latching has been okay though. Although I've had extremely engorged breasts both mornings when I wake up, although I don't really mind, because I let him feed off one, then I express the other, and I know that he's had plenty of milk when I'm engorged!! And needs burping several times because he gets milk so quickly. During the day my breasts aren't so engorged because he does feed often, and I keep swapping which breast I feed him from. I've not felt like throwing him at the wall today! (Hurrah! Progress! ;) )

At his weighin on Tuesday he weighed 11 lbs 4 oz, and for some reason she marked him as being 6 weeks old, even though he was only 5 weeks and 2 days old, so that put him at just over the 50th percentile on weight (down from almost 75th), but if you actually put him as 5 weeks he's just under the 75th which is more in keeping. I will be taking him to baby clinic next Friday, when he'll be just under 7 weeks so hopefully they'll mark him as 7 weeks not 8 weeks *sigh*. I will hopefully go to Sure Start bumps and babes as well, if I can get an afternoon baby clinic appointment. Right, well Robert is moaning in his cot, so I guess that means he wants more food before he'll settle for the night. Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment