Saturday 24 January 2009

9 weeks (just about) - GRINS! :)

Ahhh what a lovely day! Quite tiring though, my nephew is a little tike! ;) But quite adorable, and seems to be a bright little button (well, maybe, not sure what the developmental stages of a 14 month old are). We were all (stephen and nicky included) impressed when Ewan managed to identify all the objects on a series of picture and word cards. Stephen would ask "Where is the ball?" out of a choice of 6 cards and Ewan would tap the right card! He did this for probably about 20 different things! He even managed to tell the difference between the "girl" card and the "doll" card.

He seemed very interested in Robert, and kept pointing to him whenever Stephen or Nicky asked him "Where's Robert?"

He also wanted to touch him (read - pat him hard - almost a whack!), and had to be told "gentle!" lots of times but I'm not sure he knew what gentle was so I did try and take his hand to stroke Robert's head gently to show him after poor Robert got a couple of whacks to the head!!

Here's Ewan waving to Robert! Well, maybe to me judging by where he's looking ;)

Uncle Stephen and Aunty Nicky finally got cuddles with their nephew!



We have lots of lovely photos of him resting on my chest taken earlier in the week.



Here is my little angel sleeping - I can't get over how peaceful and angelic he looks when he's fast asleep...



My little boy is also getting so strong! He will mostly push up with his legs when you stand him up now, and because he's still quite wobbly he'll look like he's thrusting his hips around like he's keeping a hula hoop up! But he's also doing this...


You might notice in those ones the poor little mite has lots of scratches under his eyes... that's because his nails got really sharp very suddenly, and as he sucks his thumb, his fingers go up under his eyes, then he'll draw his fingers in and scratch himself - he actually drew blood on all of them, it was quite sad he would be peacefully sucking his thumb (which he does a LOT and it comforts him quite often now!), then suddenly he'd scream a really heartbreaking scream, I'd go over and see blood dripping down his face :( Well, thats a bit of an exaggeration, it would be a drop of blood at the scratch but still, poor love :( I finally managed to cut his nails well last night, I had to get him asleep enough on my chest so I could move him onto his back on my lap so I had both hands free to use the nail clippers.

Finally, the best til last, tonight he was in his bouncer and for some reason got really really cheerful and started BEAMING around, I managed to get some lovely lovely photos of him grinning, they're so lovely!!!





And also another to embarrass him with!

*happy sigh* I really don't know how I made that gorgeous little boy! :) It must be all Jonathan ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment