Tuesday 20 January 2009

8 weeks 2 days old - smiles, and sick. Lots and lots of sick

Thank you so so so so much for the lovely comments on Robert's photos!! I really do thrive on your comments and I really love seeing the email pop up "You have new comments" :)

Today has been for the most part lovely. An hour or so at the Surestart Centre, which well, it was a bit meh today - the three other mums with babies who weren't crawling yet were all friends and very buddy-buddy with each other. So I did feel a little left out. And they were a bit chavvy too.. But it did get us out of the house for a couple of hours. I stopped by tesco to get some olive oil (for baby massage on Thursday) and somehow some chocolate snuck in too! ;)

Then at home followed a really lovely few hours - til about 5.30. We sat and he fed beautifully, he took some lovely naps in my arms, and I just sat there, holding him staring down at his beautiful soft cheeks and just kissed them over and over, and whispered to him how much I love him. In between the two naps he took in the time we got back at 5.30ish he was looking at me, straight into my eyes, and giving me these absolutely beautiful smiles. He smiles more and more every day, but it's not often he does actually look us RIGHT in the eyes and smile as though right there and then he's the happiest baby in the world and there's nowhere else he'd rather be than in my arms looking at me. Mostly he smiles at toys, or smiles and looking around him. But when he looks me straight in the eye and smiles, it's like my heart melts and I can't help but cry tears of joy.

We took a nap upstairs in bed together (him on my chest) and it felt like we'd slept loads when I woke up I felt really refreshed which isn't always usual for naps. I changed him (he was still quite sleepy), and then took him down for a feed. From there on it was a tough evening - he puked up practically everything he ate. It was tough on me, it was like all the milk I was giving him was going to waste. A muslin got soaked through mopping up all the milk he threw up, plus my top now has about 5 milk stains on it (it's a white top so it's not that visible), my trousers have a big wet patch - well, had, it's dry now, and his top has probably had milk all over it in various patches over the course of the evening. Jonathan came home, cuddled him for a while, and then gave him back to me while he went and cooked dinner. In that time I fed him again - and he puked it all up. I put him in his bouncer, and sat back down on the sofa and cried - and he cried too which made me cry harder.

Then just before dinner was ready I fed him again - he puked a lot of that up, but I managed to catch it with a new clean muslin. Then I fed him again, and only a little bit of sick that time. He seemed quite happy in his bouncer while we ate, and since then I've been upstairs about an hour while Jonathan's looked after him and not heard him cry. It's now my turn to look after him. I'm wondering what we should do. I still have several sachets of that rehydrating fluid powder stuff from the doctor, maybe I should try him on that tomorrow if he's still sick lots.

Anyway, better go, he probably wants a bit of food now. Hope you're all okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment