Monday 12 January 2009

Bad day... and milk worries

After a great day yesterday, where we went to the local country park for a walk, and had lots of smiles, cuddles and games with Robert, great sleeping, great feeding, it all went totally downhill today. No napping in his cot at all today. No good feeding. Puking everywhere. Crying. More crying.

And to top it all off, it seems my milk is running out. I tried expressing some and got barely 10ml in about 15 minutes. Jonathan reckons it's because a) he's been feeding ALL day, and b) because I'm stressed and tired and upset after what has been a difficult and to be honest - HORRIBLE day..

I suppose I should try not to think the worst, that maybe if I do it might have an adverse affect on my milk, and perhaps J is right and I am just stressed, tired, and already milked dry by my little boy. Yesterday I had loads of milk - I got engorged in one boob in the middle of the day, which is unusual - usually only first thing in the morning I get engorged, but I didn't get engorged this morning even though I hadn't fed him for almost 7 hours.

I am just finding it so hard today to keep him happy. :( I feel like a terrible mum, having got angry with him earlier and perhaps been too rough with him. Urgh. I hate myself.

I've got baby clinic tomorrow, and also I had signed myself for Baby Play and Stay but seeing as clinic is in the morning I might have to not go afterall to the Surestart thing. Still I guess we'll see how it all goes tomorrow. I hope he's put on loads of weight.

Haven't really got anything positive to say today, sorry. I guess I should go and give him a boob at some point, see if he can get anything out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment