Monday 1 June 2009

Rocking and co-sleeping

I don't think it is going to be very long at all before Robert starts to crawl - the last few days he has been getting up onto hands and knees and rocking on them, something I remember reading in Alice's baby journal, I think it was Matthew. I just can't believe how quickly my little boy is growing up! It seems crazy to think how worried we were when he was born, wondering if his development would be slowed at all, but from what I can tell by reading baby development sites is that he's more or less spot on for everything!

Something else I wanted to record here was thoughts on sleep issues. It does seem to be the bane of every parent's life, the big S issue. Last night I thought to myself what would happen if Robert DID sleep through the night. And as odd as this might sound, it got me thinking that maybe I don't want him to sleep through! I really really do enjoy nursing him in bed. Falling asleep cuddled up with him. If he slept through that would just disappear, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet! We are semi-co-sleepers. We put him to bed in his cot, and he sleeps there til he wakes during the night, at which point he comes into bed with us to nurse, and often we'll fall asleep together for a while. If I wake and get uncomfortable, I will go and put him back in his cot, but after he wakes, he does spend a fair amount of time in our bed with us. And he does sleep better with us. It's also making me think twice about putting him in his own room. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things play out!

No comments:

Post a Comment