Tuesday 16 June 2009

naps, fall, eating

So today we had a bit of a scare... I was eating breakfast and reading forums while Jonathan was looking after Robert in the bedroom shortly before he was going to get him changed. Suddenly I heard a panicked sounding "no no no no no!" and I rushed through and then heard a thud, and then wailing - Jonathan had been cleaning his glasses, and in the few seconds he was doing that, Robert had rolled the full length of the bed and fallen off! Jonathan was absolutely distraught, I let him cuddle Robert, who quietened down after a few minutes of wailing, poor chappy! After he stopped crying he seems to be okay, seems normal and isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. But Jonathan just feels so terrible, I reassured him that these things happen, and that I'd keep an eye on him to make sure he's okay.

Anyway, last week, Robert was suuuuch a bad napper! His late morning naps went right out of the window! He'd get sleepy on the breast, I'd take him off, put him in his cot, and waaaaaah, he'd get himself in a tizzy and despite being knackered wouldn't sleep again for hours. So far this week it's proving a little better.

Despite the absolute knackering-ness of last week, I am just sooo besotted with my little boy! I'm so proud of him and I just love him so much I can't even describe!

Check out these press-ups!

My strong boy! He can now also army crawl to something and grab it if it's just out of reach! Eeep!

On Saturday we went over to Northampton to get some stair gates (we've put one inbetween the hallway and the living room, but we need to get new ones for the stairs as the ones we got are too wide and don't really hold very well on the curved banister), and then stopped by Jonathan's parents as they live in a village on the outskirts. We had a chinese take-away for dinner, and Robert had some too! He loved the chinese prawn crackers, but also tried some pineapple, onion, pepper with some of the sauces on it. And had some bits and bobs that Betsy cut up for him, including their first strawberry from the garden which Steve was miffed about! (although I'm guessing it was only mock-miffed)

Robert was soooo tired bless him! I was sure we were going to get the classic fast asleep at the highchair photo, but he didn't quite get that tired, although he was close!

On Sunday I made some cottage pie (using the shepherd's pie recipe that I got from Alice but also adding some courgettes to the veg as I didn't have enough leeks) with sweet potato mash on top, and yesterday Robert had some! He did really well picking it up with his hands and didn't resort to sticking his face in it once! But he still managed to get it everywhere!



Love my little mucky boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment